Chapter One: Starting Today, You Are a Host! (part three)

Haruhi stood away from the tables in the music room, staring with an irked expression at the many giggling girls as they fawned over the different members of the club.

"You'll notice that our club utilizes each man's unique characteristics to cater to the desires of our guests. Just so you know, Tamaki is number one around here. He is the king. His request rate on normal days is seventy percent."

"What's the world coming to?" Haruhi muttered, "Wait.. Normal days?"

"You see, occasionally we have events where Tae Suoh will host as well. Those days are quite rare so when it is one, Suoh gets an eighty percent request rate because almost every male in the school shows up for her."

"I wonder how she feels about that." Haruhi thought as she looked at Kyoya with an unamused expression.

"And in order for you to pay off your eight million yen debt with us, you will act as the Ouran Host Club's dog until you graduate. I'm sorry, I meant our errand boy. You can try to run away if you want to, Haruhi, but just so you know, my family employs a private police force of one hundred officers. By the way, do you have a passport?" Kyoya flashed his well known scheming smile.

"Oh leave the new guy alone, Ootori. I doubt he even considered trying to run away." Tae rolled her eyes, she and Tamaki making their way into the conversation.

"You're going to have to work hard to pay off that debt, my little nerd." Tamaki cooed, wrapping his arm around Haruhi who grimaced.

"Please don't do that again." Haruhi glared at Tamaki.

"You need a makeover, or no girl's going to look twice at you. Isn't that right, Tae?" Tamaki grinned obliviously.

"Tamaki! That's so rude." Tae stared at her brother with a shocked expression. Despite being raised together, his bluntness and obliviousness still shocked her from time to time.

"He's not wrong." Kyoya chuckled.

"Well I think Haruhi has plenty of charm that you boys lack. As well as a much better attitude than you charming young men." Tae stated matter-of-factly.

"Oh, my dear sweet naïve baby sister! Do you not see how painfully clear it is that our dear Haruhi must struggle to garner young women's' attention?" Tamaki wailed sadly, grabbing Tae's shoulders as she looked at him with an unimpressed expression.

"Yeah, well. I'm not trying to get girls to look at me." Haruhi grumbled.

"Are you kidding me?" Tamaki gasped and shoved Tae away as he rushed to Haruhi's side, "That's the most important thing. You have to learn to be a gentleman and please the ladies like me."

"Say what?" Haruhi glared at Tamaki with a clearly unamused expression cast on her face.

"I understand how you feel since not everyone is as blessed as I am, but you must console yourself, otherwise how else would-" Tamaki continued to blather on. Tae chuckled softly and excused herself, making her way to one of the large ornate windows and gazing out of it upon the lush landscape as baby pink petals flutter in the wind. 

Kyoya watched from his usual complacent position at one of the unused tea tables and slowly approached the curly haired blonde.

"The blossoms sure are beautiful, aren't they?" Tae asked softly while she continued to gaze out at the serene and sophisticated campus.

"They certainly are. Especially when they can be used as an escape from listening to Tamaki prattle on about how to be a gentleman." Kyoya said softly with a smile, glancing at the pale girl as they gazed outside together.