Chapter 07

Taylor was sat on top of the log that blocked people from walking in. Pogue, Reid and Tyler had pulled up and met up with her. She could see Reid's upset face about her lying and she just hoped he wasn't too mad at her about it.

"So, there was no girls night", Reid spoke up with a frown as Taylor looked at him guiltily
"No, I'm sorry Reid Caleb asked me to meet up, so that we could find out more info on Chase", she explained but he scoffed putting his hands in his vest pockets,
"So, what? You couldn't just tell me where you were going instead of lying to me about this", he raised his voice.
Tyler could see the guilt was eating her for lying to him, "relax man, don't be so hard on her", he said.

Taylor looked away, she could feel tears well in her eyes, " I'm sorry Reid, Caleb didn't want anyone else knowing until he was sure what we were dealing with", she says to him.
"Ah, bullshit! That ain't the point", he yelled which Pogue pulled Taylor who sniffled and lead her to the cave.
Reid sighed running his hand over his face frustrated about this whole thing. Tyler shook his head at him
"You didn't have to blow up on her like that. She's already feeling guilty enough about lying to you. You make like she did something sooo wrong", he argued before following after them.

Taylor sat off on the side wiping her tears. She never wanted Reid to be so angry with her. Tyler went to her side an sat on his chair, he gave her a small smile but all she did was sniffle and wipe her tears.
They looked up hearing the door open, Caleb descended down the stairs.

"I told them everything about the darkling, what we found in his file...." Pogue says as Caleb looked to the book shelf using his power to levitate the book of damnation to him.
Taylor wiped her eyes quickly hiding her emotions, if Caleb sees her crying he'd go off on Reid. She saw they all sat in their seats.
"It's a list of names... who brought charges against John Putnam and his family during the Salem hunt. Pope was one of them. Goody Pope. Widow of Jacob, mother to Hagen", Caleb explained.

"So what", Reid retorted shrugging

Taylor scoffed, " so. She claims that John Putnam came to her as an incubus in her dreams... after she was widowed", she explains as Caleb gave her a nod,
"The book also records births and deaths during the damnation. Goody Pope's husband, Jacob, died June fourth, 1692. Her son Hagen, was born April 11th,1963. That's ten months and twenty four days later", he explained looking at every one of them. The book shuts and falls to the ground as the ring of fire dimmed.

"If what you're saying is true... and Hagen Pope is the bastard son of John Putnam... then the fifth bloodline in the covenant didn't end in Salem", Tyler spoke up. Taylor looked at Caleb,
"And Chase is one of us", she said as he gave her a nod.

"This is crazy", Reid commented, " he can't be. We found out about Taylor being like us couple days after we made 13. She's not in any of our bloodlines but she's like us. Except she won't age when using. So how the hell can Chase be like us". 

Taylor looked away, she hated when they brought up about her. Yeah, she wasn't apart of their bloodline but she was very much like them. She just hated that her using was brought up.

Caleb sighed, " the night after the party at the Dells... someone was using. The power was strong enough to wake me", he says and Taylor looked confused, " I haven't felt it", she said as Caleb gave her a soft look , " it probably wasn't strong for you to feel it and that could be because your different from us", he said. 

"When you said it wasn't you, were you lying?", Caleb asked Reid who looked him in the eye.
"No!", he said.
Caleb stared at him, " you swear?"

"I swear", Reid says as Caleb gave a nod, "then it was him" he retorted.

Taylor stood up with a sigh, " well, now that we settled that..", she began but Caleb's phone rang,
"Hey, could I call you...?" He didn't finish as they watched as he looked worried,
"Wait,Wait. What?" 

Taylor looked at Caleb, she grew worried something was wrong,
"So what's going on?", she asked as he held a hand up

"Okay, listen. I want you to go back to your dorm and wait for me there. I'll see you soon, okay?", he said hanging up then looked to Pogue,
"He's put a spell on Kate", he said as Pogue looked at him, "what are you talking about? What kind of spell?", he was agitated now.

"Creation... spiders", Caleb said as Pogue stood up. He was pissed that all the candles started to blow out.
"They're taking her to a hospital in Gloucester. Don't do anything until we know what he wants", Caleb said but Pogue wasn't having it,
"We're talking about Kate!", he yelled running off.

Taylor tried to stop him but he was already on his bike and revved off.
"I'm gonna meet with Sarah, you guys get to the dorms and don't do anything stupid", he said getting in his car and driving off.

Tyler pulled out his keys looking at Taylor, " come on,Tay", he said as Reid looked at her. She was stiff and looking at her hands.
"Babe?" He softly calls out to her.

Taylor looked at him with furrowed eyebrows them back at her hands, dark veins crawled up her arms, she could feel her body grow hot, " somethings... somethings wrong", she whimpered as her eyes turned pitch black before she collapsed. Reid caught her before she could hit the ground,
"Taylor", Reid shouted as he held her in his arms. She convulsed in his arms, her eyes still pitch black. Tyler kneels down beside them as they saw the black veins run up her neck
"What the hell is that?", Reid said worried as her body shook.
Tyler shook his head,
"I don't know man", he said as Reid lifted her in his arms, " we got to get her to a hospital", he tells Tyler who got in his hummer.

"We'll call Caleb when we get there", Tyler said as Reid held onto Taylor who's eyes looked everywhere.
"Your gonna be okay baby, I promise. I'm sorry for being a dick to you", he mumbled as she panted. He placed his forehead on hers and frowned at how hot she was. He prayed for the first time that god would keep her safe.