Chapter - 22

When I was young, possibly 8 or 10 years old, all the kids in my school but me used to watch this show called 'Yo Gaba Gaba'

When I was young, possibly 8 or 10 years old, all the kids in my school but me used to watch this show called 'Yo Gaba Gaba'. In one episode, My Chemical Romance played a song called 'Every Snowflake Is Different (Just Like You)'. People were talking an awful lot about that episode, and eventually, I made up my mind to check it out.

To this day, I don't understand how four grown-up men could impersonate kid-friendly furballs so well, but as a kid, I couldn't care less, rather, was very impressed by their performance and started watching the show for them, then gave it up since that was their first and last performance in it.

That show was what introduced me to the band. That's why, even though I never watched it again, I owe it quite a lot. I couldn't think of anything else for three days after I looked them up on YouTube: I became exceptionally quiet and got no work done and passed my days in a haze. It was crazy. People would think from my grave expression that my mood's off for some reason when inside, a tornado of chaotic thoughts was whirling on; all seemed meaningless against the true revelation of My Chemical Romance.

From then on, I knew what genre of music is fit for me.

I couldn't decide whether it was their music that turned me on, or the fact that these men are a bunch of complete hoes. Especially Gerard Way, the lead singer. It went to the point where I began to build mushy feelings for him. There's one particular memory.

I came across a random video of the boys. Something got into them that day, and the song they were playing was chaotic itself, which might be the trigger there so... yeah, it was nuts. Everybody was in psycho mode 101, raging away on stage, and guess what Mr. Way did? He did weird tongue flicks, thrice, grabbed his crotch once (and who knows how many more times, it's just one clip), screaming and moaning, 'moaning', mind you— and this, this is the best part: he finished off with a kazoo noise by popping his microphone in his goddamn mouth. Um, well, even I don't know what happened to him. After the video ended, for a coupIe minutes, I sat in silence, stared at his paused face, jabbed my finger at him and spat, quite aggressively, "I like this guy."

Watching the snowflakes drizzle tonight brings back the band memories. Makes me smile thinking how much I loved them; there was a time when I'll bust their songs out at every given opportunity. I still love them, just can't play the songs anymore.

Listening to them is associated with my forbidden friend.

I hope the book is safe, back in its place. Hopefully Mom won't know it was brought out of its abode. Like this poor fella, My Chemical Romance, too, is banned from my life.

I glance down at the open bullet journal on my lap. Wish I could listen to Gerard singing. Wish I could travel back to all those pleasant times.

At the sound of lock clicking, I lift my head to see Franny walk out of her bathroom in a pair of teal pajamas, her blonde, freshly waved hair bouncing off her arms gripping a NuMe curling wand. She asks me, "Ada's not done yet?"