Chapter 12

I slept on Luca's shoulder the whole time while in car on our way back home. I had a feeling that we got somehow closer to each other again. I started to feel more trust to Luca and just a while ago I used to look at him with a death stare. I don't know if it is because of his eyes or charisma, but I start to believe the fact that as long as I'm with him, I am safe.

Luca took me to his arms and carried me back to my bedroom.

    "Thank you..." I smiled softly while he tucked me to my bed.

    "You can sleep, it's late..." he said and walks back to the door.

    "Thank you for tonight. I enjoyed it" I smiled a bit.

Luca nodded and gave me a smile and left.

I took the dress off and my make up off as well. I put my hair in a bun and got into shower. It felt so nice to let the warm water fall on my body. It always makes me feel relaxed before I go to sleep.

I took my sleep dress and bathrobe on and went back downstairs to make myself a tea. While I'm waiting for the water to boil, I noticed that the door to terrace were open. Luca was sitting there at the table with his uncle Franco.

They talked in Italian so I had no idea what they were talking about but it was clear that there was an uncomfortable tension between them. I heard them mention my name which made me to look back out at them, when Luca suddenly hit the table with his hand aggressively, from which I almost spilled my water for the tea.

Franco stood up and came back inside, which was when his eyes met mine. I gave him a soft smile but he just looked back at me and walked away. I wasn't sure what happened between them but I noticed Luca running his hands nervously through his hair.

I took my tea and slowly put it down on the table at terrace next to him.

    "Is everything okay?" I asked carefully.

Luca looks up at me.

    "Does it look like it?" He hissed.

    "I'm sorry, I just wanted to ask if I can help or anything" I said and pulled the bathrobe closer to my body

Luca signed and shook his head.

    "No, I'm sorry. I did not want to come up at you like that" he said and pulled me closer with his hand. I slowly sat down on his lap.

    "If it was something about me, I apologise again for that night in Naples again when I tried to run away" I said with Luca watching me.

    "And I really enjoyed the ball...and now I probably know that I can trust you" I nod.

Luca gave me a light smile.

    "How does it look with the Naples mafia now?" I ask.

    "Nothing new really. We are currently thinking of a plan how to get them without them expecting us. We actually have to go to Rome for few days. We will have a meeting there" he said.

    "Oh, and I will have to go there too?" I asked.

Luca nodded.

    "Yes. I won't leave you alone here. Especially after the last experience"

I shrugged.

    "I was there with all of you as well. I had a bodyguard behind my back and I still almost managed to escape if you did not track my messages" I said.

Luce chuckled.

    "True, but now I know that you won't escape and even if you tried again, you know I would find you"