2

Callum

Having to kill Mike won't be very hard for me, I never really spoke to him when he was around Jax. But the question is, how do I do it? And once I'm done, where am I going to put the body? It's not like I can leave it here but I certainly don't want to take it with me. It will ruin my beautiful sports car, and that shit wasn't cheap. I shouldn't be complaining, I didn't even pay for it anyways.

I scramble through the cutlery to find a knife sharp enough to pierce through his skin easily so it doesn't make me work for this kill. I want to just kill Mike, get in the car, and drive Vanessa and I far far away from here. I can't let Jax get her, he may be 'my dad' but killing someone because of some drowned out family feud is just ridiculous. It's not like I am being soft, because if it was anyone else I probably would kill them, but Vanessa seems to have a life planned ahead of her, well I hope so anyway, otherwise I am saving her for nothing. Sounds kinda mean, but oh well, she is a stranger to me anyways.

I stop rummaging through the collection of cutlery once I realise that it will be much easier to just suffocate him rather than make him bleed, I mean, less clean up right? I stand over his still unconscious body and wrap my hands around his neck, slamming my thumbs down hard over his windpipe. I adjust my grip and look at his face as I did so, just in case he decided to wake up during the process. The vein in his head starts to stick out like a sore thumb, and if I'm honest, I am not complaining. As much as this life may be gruesome, I can't change the way I am, this is how I live, and I love it.

After a couple of checks to make sure that I have secured the bag, I sling his limp body over my shoulder and kick the door open, heading for my car. I lock eyes with Vanessa, and she smiles before widening her eyes to see Mike on my back. She looks back at me before signalling me to hurry up. I grin at her before making my way to my car and opening the boot. I didn't want him to go in there, but quite frankly, there isn't much choice. It's not like I will get prosecuted for leaving his body here, I am part of the mafia for fucks sake, but Jax always told me that it is simply easier to get rid of a body so there is 'less paperwork for later.' There never is any paperwork, I've killed a few people in my lifetime, and not once has the feds suspected me, what can I say? I am just crazy good at my job... or they're just easy to pay off.

I slam the boot door before slinging mine open and shutting it quickly. I push my head back into the headrest and close my eyes, today has been a really busy day and I just need a breather before I-

"Hey, urm- where are we actually going?" I look towards Vanessa and she looks down at her lap, almost worried to look at me. I put my fingers under her chin and lift her head up slightly so she is looking straight at me. I don't say anything for a few seconds, I just look at her. I want her to know that I won't be taking any shit, so I gotta stand my ground, even if I really don't want to..

"Let's get one thing straight Vanessa when you talk to me, don't look away, I am not going to fucking kill you alright? I am just going to help you, and I have no idea where we are going, but I will figure that out whilst we are driving okay?" I let go of her face and put my hand on my head, realising what I had just done. Jax taught me one of the worst lessons of a lifetime, and that was, if you're going to be a dick, you will be a dick to everyone, including people that are being nice.

"I'm sorry I just wanted to know so I could-"

"-No it's fine, sorry, I didn't mean to lash out. That's what happens when your dad is-"

"-A huge scary mafia boss?" Vanessa lets out a simple smile and I exchange one back, trying not to look too happy with her. To do my job, I need to be serious, and my number one priority right now is to protect a stranger sitting in my car.