5

Callum

Leaving Vanessa alone is really starting to feel like a bad idea, I should have brought her with me but handling dirty business on her first day may be too much for her. Maybe I should go and pick her up, leaving her alone in the house was not a good idea and I can't figure out why I did it. Before I turn around I hear buzzing coming from my pocket, and to my surprise, it's Jax..

"Son, the man who you've been tracking for a few months is heading South down Lufus Lane, get there quick, you know what to do."

I quickly chuck my phone into the passenger seat and speed off at full pace towards the destination, completely forgetting about the brawl my dad and I had a couple hours ago. This is my chance to finally get revenge on the man that helped kill my mum, and turning that down would be a major problem. There are several men that are involved in my mother's death and I am going to make sure that not one of them gets to live a happy life because they don't deserve it. Even though Vanessa is important, killing this man has been one of the things that has needed to be done for years, and you don't turn down an opportunity like this one.

I turn into a nearby alley just on the corner of Rufus Lane, he's not getting away this time, I can't let that happen, not again. I pick up my phone and redial Jax's number, just so I can make sure he's right.

"What's the deal then dad, are you sure he's here?"

"Of course he's here you idiot, you ever really think I get shit like this wrong? I set up a deal for you, he knows where to go. Meet him down the alley, he thinks he's buying some drugs so when he gets close enough, you know what to do," I stay silent on the other line for a moment, taking it all in.

"And you're sure it's him?"

"Yes, Kelly Corner, I've been tracking the guy for months, now shut up and get it done, he'll be there any second-" The other side of the line goes dead and I get out of the car, making myself hardly noticeable. I put my mask on and put my hood up and rested on the side of the car, waiting for Kelly to arrive. The adrenaline starts to kick in when I see him walking with a large duffel bag. I get up from my car and look him straight in the eye, and he does the same back, it's showtime.

"You got the stuff?" He says to me, starting to scan the place quickly. I keep my eyes on him and wait before I say anything, making sure I hold the tension between us.

"It's in the boot, this way mate," I say to him, making my voice sound deeper than it actually is to avoid suspicion. I wait a couple seconds before opening the empty boot.

"Don't play with me, where the fucks the drugs?" Kelly growls before attempting to swing at me. I quickly pull my gun out and whack him round the head so he is barely conscious. Killing him now would be wrong, right? A waste of time? Maybe giving Vanessa a lesson early wouldn't hurt, right?

Vanessa

Who knew how relaxing a shower could be? I'm used to my dumpy old shower at the flat which dribbled water out so slowly, but this shower, oh my god. It covered every inch of my body whilst keeping me nice and warm. I changed into my spare bra and knickers that I brought to work with me, but that's all I have left so I need to go home maybe and get some more? Ugh at this point will I even go back to my house? Probably not. I chuck my towel on the floor and start walking around the house freely, knowing that Callum wouldn't be back for a few hours, I mean I hope he won't be. Callum is the type of person that I could see myself genuinely liking, but some of the things he does hurts me. I know he isn't doing anything for me, so it's not like I can tell him to stop being the way he is because that's just crazy.

The house is massive, I don't even know if I should be wandering round a mafia members house, I don't think he would be too appreciative.On the other hand, I have no clothes except from my bed shorts that I took to work and an oversized tee that Callum gave me, so a jumper would be nice. I open the door to his room quietly and sneak in as if he is in here when he's really not, and look for the jumpers. His room isn't what you would expect, so clean and filled with books, and for some reason I don't think they're for show. Walking over to the walk-in wardrobe I start to regret coming in here. I mean, everything is beautiful but I don't want him to take it the wrong way and-