9. Epilogue- 2 Years Later

TJ

Colton kept his word. He spent that whole night making it up to me and every night after. He had joined the police force in a city about an hour outside of our hometown, we had a house at the halfway mark and were happy. I took over my dad's shop and had some pretty high end custom jobs. Once word got out that I had rebuilt Colton's car when I was just in high school, people were calling and asking if and when I would be willing to do one for them. I was currently working on a 1970 Chevy Chevelle when a very pregnant Jasmine walked through the door yelling.

"I don't give a fuck what he says, I'm having coffee. I can't take it!" She dropped into the chair next to where I was working and kept going. "Coffee, caffeine isn't going to hurt me, but it might hurt him if I don't get some in my body, right now! He's lucky he's beautiful with his Noah Centineo looking ass! Jesus!"

"Oh, come on. Don't ruin Noah for me making that comparison!"

"Too late, it's burned in your mind. They look alike and there is nothing that you can say to convince me otherwise."

"Jasy!" I groaned and then laughed pointing to the coffees in her hand. "Are one of those for me? Or..."

"Get your own." She growled.

"Got it." I laughed again.

"So,"

"Yes, Jas?"

"You and Colton, you guys are doing well?"

"Yes, Jasmine, we are. And we have been... for two years now." I turn and looked at her. "Why?"

"Just curious. I needed a distraction from the quiet."

"Enjoy it. You won't get much more of it."

"I know."

We sat quietly for a little bit while I worked. The plan was never for any of us to move back home it's just how it worked out. It was probably another twenty minutes before our silence was disrupted by banging on the side door.

"What the hell?" I shot her a funny look and she shook her head. "What do you want?"

"Open up, little Rydel!" I laughed and shook my head.

"Your cop knock is getting better." I laughed and froze when the door slid open and Colton was down on one knee, wearing a black dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up showing off his tats of his forearms. "What are you doing?"

"Tayla Jane, I have loved you since we were kids. I just wasn't sure that was what I was feeling. You made me believe in myself by being the one to believe in me when no one else did and you found it in your heart to forgive me when I honestly didn't deserve. I want to continue to make that mistake up to you and prove to you that I love you for the rest of our lives. So, I was wondering if you would do me the honor of being my wife?"

"I don't know." I thought and tapped my chin. "I feel like you could have put more heart into it."

I laughed when he stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist, his lips hovering next to my ear. "I'll put more of something into it," he turned and growled into my neck. "But it wont be my heart."

"Well, in that case." I tightened my arms around his neck. "I'd love nothing more than to be your wife."

It took six years and some change, but Colton got what he wanted, we got back to us.

The End