6. Mails

Hello!
"May I know the reason you decided to give me a call?" Shriya questioned.
"I wanted to talk to you Miss Shriya! Since a really long time" he spoke.

Raghav waited in the dining area. He lost his appetite. Offlate he was constantly loosing his patience. It seemed like his own demons are kicking in. He was becoming very possessive about his wife. It could be due to their separation. Somehow he needed some time alone and went to his room and plugged in earphones.

Shriya on the other hand was lost in thoughts after the call. She wanted to talk regarding this man's case with Raghav but after a conversation with him, it seemed almost impossible. She felt a need to do more research before she approached the problem. She sat down hopelessly on the dining table holding her head.

She switched off her phone and decided to attend her husband but before that she also decided to give a last glance to her mails. As she opened her mail account, she found important mails.

*******
Mail 1
*******
Dear Shriya,

This is to inform you that we have tried to locate your brother's location but it is taking time. We found a lead. They don't stay anymore in Bangalore. We will update you further.

Thank you.
Anaya
Manager
Regal agencies
****************

Shriya hired services to find her brother as she grew suspicious by the day as to why her brother did not make any attempt to contact her. He wanted her back in their life and promised to stand by her. She was worried about his well being. She was missing her family.

*******
Mail 2
*******
Amma! My teacher SaID to SeNd E-Maiil to AnyOne. I want to send YoU my 1 MAiL. I LOVE YOU AMMA YOU ARE bEST. You Are my SuprwWoman.
Bye.

ARIHAAN
***********
A broad smile appeared on Shriya's face. It was in this moment, she forgot all her sorrows. The joy Arihaan had brought into her life was infinite. She decided to reply to her baby boy.

*************
My dearest Duggu,

I know you are too young and may not be able to read and understand this message. Yet this is very special to me. I want preserve this memory.
I have missed your first word, your first walk, your first day of school and many more. I do have deep remorse for all of it. Today your gesture made me realize that there is a "first" that I did not miss. Your gesture has warmed my heart. Always remember that your Amma is immensely proud of you and loves you to the moon and back.
You are my very special boy. You are my everything baby. I don't really know why I would say this to you but always be brave even if I may not be in your life.
God bless you Duggu baby!

Loads of Love,
Amma
***************
Just as she was about to close the laptop another mail popped up. She didn't want to read it but hesitantly opened it.

********
Mail 3
********
Dear Shriya,
Kindly check the following attachments for your medical reports for the complete body tests of your samples.

Regards,
Seymour Doagnostics
***********
Shriya clicked on the reports to find that she was anemic and was having low hemoglobin. She thought Raghav was right and she was completely ignoring her health. She further checked all her reports and the last report read that she was pregnant.

A long tear escaped her right eye and she immediately placed her hand on her belly. She remembered the first time this happened to her and the humiliation she was subjected to.

It was different this time. Tears of joy flowed from her eyes. Suddenly a thought struck her mind that Raghav was really busy these days. He had plans to move to India. She felt anxious on how he would react. Sweat beads formed on her forehead. She somehow convinced herself that she could say it.

Shriya took the left over ice cream from the fridge and wrote with chocolate syrup on it "Hi pappa! Please decide my name quickly before mamma!" She smiled broadly and walked towards their room.

She looked at Raghav who was seated on the bed resting on headboard with earphone plugged in and laptop in front of him. Shriya felt nervous and walked in. He shot a deadly glare to her.

He was upset that she has been negligent towards herself and was engrossing herself in work despite her health. Shriya in contrary knew that he did not eat anything. She walked towards him taking steady steps.

She was worried if he really wanted a baby at this crucial phase and slowly placed the icecream box beside him. He did not spare a glance at it. He was quick to say "Shriya! I don't want anything! I am not hungry".

She closed his laptop screen earning another glare from him. This moment he took a good look at his wife's face. It had an unknown emotion. She was glowing and her eyes showed uncertainty. He wanted to hug her but waited as she seemed to convey something. She looked down sensing his gaze.

He lifted her by her chin and said "Sweetu! What's it? I know there is something bothering you". She placed the ice cream box in his hand. He spoke in an irritated tone "I told you I don't want to..." before he could complete, he read the message written.

He quickly looked up at her whose eyes had tears of joy. He did not realize his eyes were red with them too.

He paused a moment, looked in the opposite direction, smiled and said "Well! the name is butterfly. My daughter's name is Butterfly" he spoke with a huge smile. Shriya frowned and questioned "How do you know if its a girl?"

"My heart just knows it!" He said placing a hand on her tummy and his lips on her lips.

**************

A/N
Hi guys!
So the new chapter is up.
Our Shriyu is pregnant!
To all those who already predicted it, Hugs!
What do you think will happen now?
Do you think Raghav's prediction is right.

Oh my God! A lot has happened in this chapter. What are your thoughts?