7. Berry and Cookie

*************
3 years later,
Shetty Vilas,
Bangalore,
India
*************
Shriya stood right before the mirror curling her eye lashes. She turned around to look at herself. She was dressed in a pair of dark blue trousers and sky blue satin shirt.

She rushed down to the hall to greet her mom saying "Morning Amma! I got to rush to my office early. Sorry about the breakfast". Shriya's mother rolled her eyes and packed her breakfast in a foil quickly so that she could munch it on her way.

Shriya pecked on her cheek. Before Shriya could exit the door she looked at the picture of her father that hung on the wall and changed the garland placing few fresh flowers near it. In the reflection of her father's picture she could see her mother's gaze on her face. Shriya walked away without turning towards her mother to avoid the awkward conversation.

In the car, Shriya was seated at the back and was going through her daily schedule. She had one hectic day. It was lined up with meetings and appointments with new people. Now that her brother was out of station, she had to cover up for him as well. She took a deep sigh and began to make a notes of everything she ought to do for the day.

******************
Reddy's mansion,
Hyderabad,
India
******************
Arihan arranged his books in the bag as his alarm struck 8:00 in the morning. He neatly folded his study table and put it back in the place. He realized that one of his books was missing.

Arihaan exactly knew who could be having it and barged into a room beside his own which was nothing but a mess.  He made his way between toys, soft teddy bears, toy cars and Lego game puzzles that were scattered in a such a way there was barely any place for him to place a step.

Arihaan began to shout "cookie! cokkie! Please give me my book. I know you both are hiding below the bed. Come out! I have to go to the school".

A pair of tiny hands made their way from below the bed and pushed the book outside. Arihaan raised his eyebrows in frustration and said again "Cookie and Berry I want you both out now". Very hesitantly his twin brother and sister dressed to perfection for their first day to school came out with their hairs messed up.

It was Shirav and Reya's first day at school and they thought by stealing their big brother's book they could go and sit in his class saying it was theirs. It was Reya's idea.

The girl is a living embodiment of drama or rather like her dad calls her "tweety", she can't keep her mouth shut and her brain is always filled with crazy ideas. On the other hand, her twin brother is the one who executes her ideas and makes them successful.

Dressed in pink clothes which were Reya's choice they both stood with puppy eyes before Arihaan as if they were the most innocent beings on the planet.

Arihaan said "You both sit on a chair! Don't crumple your clothes any more". He mumbled to himself "I wonder how they think two year olds can sit in fourth class". He looked at them once again who looked up at him with hopeful eyes.

Raghav entered the room and shouted "Why are you guys not on breakfast table? I know Sanjana dressed you guys up about half an hour ago. Be quick".

His thunderous voice caused Shirav and Reya to hold each other's hands. Arihaan bent his head down looking at the floor. As soon as Raghav left, both the twins looked at Arihaan for comfort.

Arihaan went to them and hugged both kneeling down. He said "If nanna shouted now, you will get more chocolates in the evening". This brought a smile on their faces.

Arihaan removed the tightly secured hair band of Reya and soothed her hair that was causing her pain. He also adjusted both of their crumpled clothes because of the hiding beneath the bed.

He then clicked a picture of both of themon his phone and showed them which lifted their spirits. They both held either of his hands and walked down for breakfast. Arihaan felt that his little sister was just like his father while his brother was a xerox copy of his mother. He wished they had a great time in play school.

Arihaan put on his uniform coat and left to school with his siblings after the breakfast

****************
Shriya's office,
Bangalore
****************

"Ma'am! I think we will have to redo the party manifesto as people are not showing up" spoke Shriya's personal assistant.

Shriya sat on the chair and said "We are planning on expanding our horizons Neeti. I am sure it will take time. I don't think we should give up on the party agenda. We should think of innovative ways to campaign our ideology".

In no time her secretary left. She looked at her own name plate on her glass table. In dark blue "Shriya Shetty" was etched on the bronze name plate.

Her mind echoed certain words.

"YOU LIED ABOUT YOUR TRUE PARENTS"

"Sharini warned me about you but I trusted you Shriyu as you were my room mate".

"AVNI! Don't defend this woman. I feel ashamed to call her my daughter in law".

"You are such a cheat"

"How can you live without integrity?"

"You and your father can stoop to any  level for political fame"

"I thought you were genuine vadhina"

All these statements did not bother her as much as the one which echoed in the last.

"I FEEL BAD FOR MY CHILDREN THAT THEY HAVE YOU AS THEIR MOTHER".

Shriya closed her eyes and took a deep sigh. She typed something and mailed it.

"I want this published in your front page tomorrow morning. You can collect the cheque from my office.

***********
A/N:

Hi guys!
I am back.
So its a leap.

Arihaan is a big brother! 💚💚
What do you guys have to about his brother Berry and sister cookie? 🤴👸

And also what do you think about our Shriya and Raghav?😒😒

Do share your thoughts good and bad and any suggestions are welcome.