Rantaro Amami Oneshot

[Rantaro X Fem Reader]
Snowday
Non-despair AU

Requested by YoshiisaurusKokichi

739 words

[Rantaro's POV]

I woke up and got out of bed and looked outside my window. The snow seemed to be piling up, it was probably up to my knees at this point. I grabbed my sweater and changed eager to get outside. The coffee machine beeped signaling it was done. I prepped a second coffee and got creme out for [Y/N]. Then I grabbed winter clothes from the closet and layed them out watching the news.

News: It seems school has been closed due to heavy snowfall

"Yup, the snowfall has gotten quite high, leaving school off for all, and maybe even work or jobs. I recommend warming up inside and wearing warm clothing when outside"

I turned off the news and put some Bob Ross on waiting for her to get up, then Kokichi called.

"Heyyyyy Rantaro, what ya doing?"

"Nothing much, you?"

"Wanna play minecraft, theres no school an-"

"Sorry, but I wanna spend time with my girlfriend"

"Ohhhh, ok, well stay warm and no ice cream"
He hung up and I heard the floorboards creaking upstairs.

[Y/N's POV]

I woke up to the cold and closed my window, putting on one of Rantaro's spare hoddies. I walked downstairs to see Rantaro watching Bob Ross and saw coffee on the counter.

"Why are you up?"

"It's a snow day babe"

"Oh, no school right?"

"Yea, and we have all day to be outside!"

"Hm, isn't it cold?"

"I have jackets and boots"
I just rolled my eyes at his childish behavior and drank some coffee while looking at the window. I saw the snow almost reach the stack of bricks I had outside for my snowday tracker. Rantaro was already getting his gear on so I went upstairs and got dressed.

[After changing into gear]

We ran outside and I got hit with a snowball immediately, I looked up to see Rantaro laughing. I knew he threw and made one quicky. I threw it in a weak attempt and he just ran from where it would land.

"This is war honey!"

"One I've caused and will win"
He jumped behind me with a handful of snowballs and threw as many as he could at me. Then I heard screamkng from the woods. Kokichi came running through and ran past our house.

"Oh, I shouldn't have recruited that idiot"

"You what?"

"Anyway"
I grabbed a ball and tried to aim for his private spot, and just ran not caring if I succeeded or not. I heard his screech and smirked.

[After snowball fight]

"I wanna build a snowman"

"Why babe?"

"Because Ran-Ran, snowman are what protects pur house from snowgoblins"

"Snow goblins?"

"Yup, my mama told me about them"

"Ok then"
He then tried to roll a big boulder but failed. I showed him how to do so the best way possible and let him do one himself. He tried his best. Then we worked on the torsos and heads when I realized we forgot the accessorys.

"We need coal, a carrot and hats!"

"Coal?"

"Have you made a proper snowman?"

"I always used buttons"

"I think we have some leftover from our campfires"
I went to grab the coal when Rantaro grabbed it for me.

"For the lady~"
I nodded and let him get the coal, while looking for carrots. Then I remember we ran out and felt bad. I got some ice icicles to replace them. Then I saw we lost the top hats so I grabbed some baseball caps.

"I thought it was carrots?"

"We're out"

"Oh, well it doesn't change the experience babe"

"It doesn't"

"Nope"
I was shocked as my mama always told me it has to be perfect. I felt happy about it and we finish the snowman. Rantaro took a picture of it and we left for inside.

[After being outside]

I took off my jacket and hugged Rantaro to try and warm up a bit more. He chuckled and lit the fire place and set some blankets out. I curled up in some of them and watched as he made some hot cocoa. I put some anime on and just got comfy.
I felt his arms slip around my waist and I leaned back.

"Cold?"

"Yea, aren't you?"

"Says the one with her window open"

"Yea yea, shut up hon"
We then just cuddled after having a chaotic day.