Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Yo, the invitation was for four days, not four weeks baby," Mikel grins, hazel hues twinkling as he watches the shorter female put her second suitcase in the trunk of his car.

The shorter wolf doesn't say anything, grumbling underneath her breath, using one hand to slam the trunk shut and the other to flip him off. She already wasn't in a good mood this morning – or any morning for that matter- but Mikel loved pushing her buttons. He stifles a laugh, using his forearms to lean over the top of his car, finger trips drumming against the roof and his eyes watching his mother say her goodbyes to her half. Mikel had already said his farewells.

His mother would be accompanied by their gamma, who would chauffeur her there before coming back. Mikel would take Aisha in his car.

After a few more minutes, they're in their respective vehicles, music loud and heating on. It only takes Aisha a few seconds to fall asleep with her face pressed against the window, legs curled up on the leather seats. The male rolls his eyes, putting earphones in instead and using a spare hoodie he kept in the back seats as a blanket to keep her warm.

It's a long journey they embark on, consisting of almost six hours of travel. They had woken up especially early, to be able to meet the royal pack for breakfast, just as Adah had wanted. His mother was incredibly excited, not only to be able to spend time with them, but also for the coronation. Jahari was well loved by her, and this moment had been anticipated for weeks now.

Mikel doesn't mind the quiet, humming quietly to the music blasting into his ears, his eyes paying attention on the road ahead. It was empty, with only the car ahead with the gamma and his mother. Surrounding them were thick hoards of trees that were sparse, with sheets of snow embedding into the ground. The north was always much colder, and the more south they travelled, the less there was.

The skies were filled, completely to the brim with thick clouds all huddling together, creating a pool of white at the top, eradicating what little of the sun there was to be seen.

Aisha woke not long ago, quietly watching the scenery passing beyond the windows. Her eyes are glassed over, and her thoughts are kept to herself. Her features are groggy, but the male can tell more haunts her.

His hand is placed on her upper thigh in comfort, before coming up to nip the skin of her cheeks affectionately, leaning over to enclose her fingers with his.

"You good ma?" his tone is low and soft, the wolf within him knowing something wasn't right. She gives him a smile that doesn't reach her eyes, before turning back to the window. He waits for a moment or two.

"Talk to me," it's not a rough demand, but a demand none the less. The wolf within him has stirred protectively over his soon to be beta.

"It's just the same old bullshit, don't worry about it," she sighs, and Mikel purses his lips, knowing full well she was referencing her parents.

They didn't get along at all, mainly due to the fact that they were extremely homophobic and conservative, and Aisha wasn't the straightest female to exist, and she was anything but conservative.

"Hm," is all Mikel says, the subtle prompt there.

He knew Aisha was extremely hypersexual – it wasn't anything she hid, nor was it wrong in any way- and her parents were fully aware of it too. He had always admired her for being so open and comfortable with it.

"I promise, it's nothing. They just hate the fact that I sleep around loads, and all my feats are females. Same old, same old," a dry chuckle follows after, rolling her eyes.