Chapter 18

Namaste,

Here is chapter 18 and it is dedicated to @HotnessNCoolness for the banner on the side>>> Thanks a lot for that :D

****

“There is something about words. In expert hands, manipulated deftly, they take you prisoner. Wind themselves around your limbs like spider silk, and when you are so enthralled you cannot move, they pierce your skin, enter your blood, numb your thoughts. Inside you they work their magic.” 
― Diane Setterfield
, The Thirteenth Tale

QUILLON P.O.V

I took deep breaths to calm myself. But it wasn’t happening. I was so much into the kiss that I didn’t even sense my dad coming.

See… this is why I always try to stay away from Darya! She entices me, without even doing anything, and I find it difficult to restrain myself. To add to all this is my wolf, who, when looks at her is not capable of thinking anything else except making her his.

Dad had already left the room, but I was still glaring at the door. I was furious that we were interrupted. I had just gotten a taste of her and before I could taste more and more of her luscious lips, I was interrupted.

I turned to look at Darya, who was staring at her own two feet and biting her lip. I want to bite that lip and do a lot more too!

“Um…” she began and nervously licked her lower lip. I groaned because crazy things happen to me when she does that. I want to be the one to do that!

Oh! Fuck my life!

When she looked at me, I glared at her even though I knew she wasn’t the one to be blamed for anything. I just wanted her to be mad at me. That way, I find it easier to control my temptations but nowadays even that isn’t working.

“You should… you should go talk to your dad” she muttered striding towards the door.

“Yeah, I should” I mumbled to myself. That will distract me.

My dad was already in the living room. He was sitting there calmly and when he saw me, he immediately stood up.

“I suppose we can talk in your office now” he said and I nodded. He followed after me and closed the door behind him.

“What happened?”

“I must be asking you the same thing. How did a prisoner escape from the pack prison?” Dad demanded.

“He was no ordinary prisoner dad. His special skill is that he can escape from any prison” I muttered.

“What’s his name?”

“Rick Carlson”

“And where is he now?”

“Dead”

“Good. Glad you killed him. Now what-”

“I was not the one who killed him” I incised.

“Who else?” Dad queried.

“Darya” I replied looking him in the eye.

“Darya?” he repeated unsurely.

“Darya” I confirmed.

“Darya… your mate Darya?” he asked in disbelief, pointing his finger towards the door.