Chapter 8

Hey, Chapter 8 for you all….

Dedicated to @ Fe840223 :D

And pic on the side is of>>>> *swoons*

****

“Who knows you better than your own brother?” 
― 
Karen Joy FowlerWe Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

DARYA P.O.V

Two more days. Just two more days and then, I am going to move to Quillon’s pack for the next sixty days.

Dear Lord!

I don’t know what kind of surprises I have in store over there. I know his pack members don’t like my pack, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they hate me. But there is also a limit to hatred and I will not tolerate it if they cross that line.

I also knew that from my side, I am not going to keep hatred towards any of them. While I go there and live there for the next sixty days, they will be my family just like Emperor Pack wolves are.

Right now, I was in my farm, watching over the loading of cucumbers into a truck. After the customer made payment, I decided to take a coffee-break.

I informed Nick, who drove me to the café.

“You are not coming?” I queried Nick who was frowning.

“No… I don’t want coffee now” he said. I stared at him in confusion until I realized that he was mind linking with someone.

“Is everything alright?” I asked abruptly.

“Yes” he replied and then smiled, flaunting his dimples. “Just problem in work” he muttered shaking his head.

“Okay” I said and then walked into the restaurant.

After placing my order, I opened a story book and then started reading it. Five minutes later, the waitress brought my order. While I took a sip of my coffee, I sensed someone smoothly sitting on the seat opposite me, but I didn’t look at them as I was busy reading my book.

I heard a low growl coming from that person and I realized he or she is a wolf. My wolf started standing up defiantly because the scent of the wolf who was seated opposite to me was an unfamiliar one.  When my wolf started pacing, I realized she didn’t like the other person.

I felt the other person’s gaze on me, but I didn’t look up. I patiently waited for that person to talk something first. Dimly, I even wondered how this wolf came so far into the territory.

But before I could ponder over it, the person opposite to me placed their hand on the table, with a loud tap, to catch my attention. “Listen here bimbo….” A feminine voice shrilled and that definitely earned my attention.

As I raised my lashes and looked up, my eyes clashed with hazel ones of the she-wolf who was sitting opposite to me. The slim brunette, who looked to be in her mid-twenties, was beautiful with her exotic tan skin. She had a heart-shaped face with dark brows, high cheekbones and pink pouting lips. Her seductive hazel eyes were glaring at me in repulsion and that outraged my wolf.

“…You might be Q’s mate but no one in the pack will accept you as their Luna because they already chose me for that title” she stated with supreme confidence.

A hollow feeling engulfed me as all color drained from my face. I knew where she was going with this but I didn’t want to hear her to spell it out to me. I couldn’t bear to hear that. If I do, I would shift into my wolf right in front of all these humans.