five

Cecily looked up at her bonded parents in shock. "W-what? You know my mates?"

Narcissa couldn't seem to stop smiling. "We know them better than anyone else, sweetie. One is our son, and the other is his best friend."

"And-and are you ok with that? Me being bonded with your child?"

Lucius sent her a reassuring grin. "We wouldn't want it to be anyone else." She could see the sincerity in his eyes.

"What's my other soulmate's name?"

Narcissa sent her a little smirk, mischief dancing in her eyes. "Hmm, what do you think, Lucius? Should we tell her or make it a surprise?"

Lucius decided to indulge his wife's inner Slytherin. "I don't know, honey. She'll be meeting Draco when he comes home tomorrow, I think that should sate her until she gets to the Hogwarts Express."

Cecily pouted at them and widened her big doe eyes. "Pretty please? I promise I'll be good!"

Narcissa's eyes softened. "We never doubted that for a second, sweetie. His name is Blaise. Blaise Zabini."

Cecily smiled down at the ground. "Blaise and Draco," she whispered in her gentle voice, a flush creeping up her cheeks.

Lucius wrapped an arm around his wife's shoulders. This day couldn't have gone any better.

                                            _-_

Draco stared at the ceiling, mindlessly tossing a quaffel up and down while laying on his best friend's bed. Said boy was lounging on the floor with a book sitting open on his chest, though his focus couldn't be any further from it.

"I don't know, Dray, I have a good feeling about this year," the Italian boy stated with resolution. His mate was almost always at the forefront of his thoughts. She was always in pain, but she had a spark of constant optimism that always gave him hope that one day he would find her and spoil her for the rest of their lives.

The silver eyed boy nodded absentmindedly. "What do you think she looks like?"

This was a game they played, ever since they put the pieces together that they shared a mate in second year. They always felt the same things at the same times, and their mate had been born on the same day according to their parents' knowledge. It made the ache in their heart just a little more bearable.

Blaise hummed thoughtfully. "She's definitely small, I've always imagined her being able to cuddle into my chest and my arms going all the way around her. The sweetest little face, the kind you just can't look away from. I plan on feeding her as much as I can so we can be set on her body type already, she'll never go hungry with me around," he chuckled, a far away look in his eyes. "I think her eyes-"

He cut himself off with a gasp, his hand clutching his shirt just over his chest. Draco looked over at him with the same expression.

"She's close," the blond boy breathed out, an incredulous smile pulling across his lips. She had never been this close before, and the bond was tugging at their hearts with no remorse, begging them to find their match.

Blaise watched as it started to get to his best friend, his stark black wings unfolding from his previously smooth back with a flap. His eyes, normally silver, gained an unearthly glow as he sighed and settled back into the pillows, content.

Blaise controlled his transformation for only a moment before it took over. Dark, shimmering scales trailed across his jaw and collarbones, stopping just below his temples and leaving shadows on his cheekbones. He felt them trail along his torso and legs, his tongue roaming his mouth restlessly as the end split. His dark brown eyes gained a golden ring around the pupil.

As he settled back into the floor, the image of a girl with no features sitting snugly in the forefront in his mind, he simply whispered, "Always believe my instincts, Draco."