fourteen

a/n - i know most people skip these so i'm gonna be as quick as possible. recently i was diagnosed with schizophrenia. it's taken a toll on my mental health and that's why i've been struggling to update. please don't expect too much of me and know that i'm doing my best. also from now on the story will be in all lowercase because it's easier for me to proofread that way. thank you.

cecily stood with the rest of her table when the prefects called for them to go to their common rooms, sending one last longing glance towards her mates on the way. susan placed a sympathetic hand on her arm.

"they're draco malfoy and blaise zabini. most people judge them because their parents are death eaters, but i always say that you should never judge a person based on the acts of their parents, right?" she whispered conspiratorially, giving cecily's arm a quick squeeze.

the dark haired girl gave her a warm smile, and susan blushed at the purity of it. she had never met someone who truly embodied the entire spirit of hufflepuff before.

cedric watched from his position at the front of the line with a small smile. he was going to do his best to protect that girl with everything he had in him.