eleven

Cecily had promptly fallen asleep after her explanation, and the boys couldn't blame her. It was probably exhausting to even think of those memories, let alone explain them.

"So, does Uncle Lucius still have Cecily's old address?" Blaise asked coyly, shifting in his seat to make sure the girl in his lap was comfortable.

A smirk tugged at the edges of Draco's lips. "I believe he does, and I also think my mother mentioned paying them a visit during Christmas break."

Blaise's eyes flashed dangerously, pupil elongating before snapping back to normal. Oh, he would definitely be going along on that adventure.

A loud, harsh knock on the compartment door made the two Slytherins snap out of their murderous fantasies. Rolling his eyes, Draco gently moved Cecily's legs to the side and opened the door.

A bushy haired girl who seemed to be perpetually annoyed tapped her foot impatiently. "Merlin, it took you long enough! Now, where's that girl I saw with you? She's too old to be a first year, and we've never had any transfers!" She announced as if she was the first person to notice this, doing her best to peer over Draco's shoulder to see the sleeping girl.

The blond boy snarled. "That's none of your business, Granger. You can find out with the rest of the school at the sorting ceremony."

Hermione huffed and stomped like a petulant child. "I'm just being friendly, though you wouldn't understand the sentiment, would you? You probably brainwashed the poor girl! Wait until Harry hears about this."

With a swish of her school robes, the buck-toothed girl stormed back to her compartment. Draco glared at her back until she disappeared.

Closing the door as gently as he could, he turned to see Cecily curled completely into Blaise, arms tucked under his robes to steal any of his warmth. The boy in question had his lips pressed to the crown of her head, whispering soothing words since Hermione's entrance had interrupted her sleep.

"That went well," Blaise commented dryly, taking in deep breaths of his mate's scent so that he wouldn't kill the muggle born girl.

"If any of them lay a hand on her, they're losing that hand," Draco told him. Who was Blaise to disagree?

_-_

Cecily woke up to kisses being pressed all over her face. Scrunching up her nose, she pulled away from the source and saw Draco looking down at her with a small grin.

"It's time to get up, angel. We're here."

Nodding sleepily, the girl rubbed her eyes and got to her feet slowly. Blaise wrapped her up in her black school robes as Draco tied her tie, letting her lean back on Blaise's chest as he did.

"Alright, honey, time to get you sorted. Bets, anyone?" The Italian boy teased, taking one of her hands as Draco took the other.

"Well, I doubt she'll be with the lions," Draco mused. "Possibly Ravenclaw, though I don't quite have a read on her intelligence yet. I'm sure you're smarter than the majority of students in our year. Slytherin, maybe? I don't know how well you'd get along with the other snakes. My bet is on Hufflepuff."

Cecily giggled. "Mrs Narcissa said the same thing."

"I guess great minds think alike, hmm?"

Blaise nodded in agreement to what his friend said. "Definitely. I'd be willing to bet that you'll be in Hufflepuff. Yellow would suit you, even though I'd quite enjoy you in green."

Cheeks flushing, she burrowed her face into Blaise's side and did her best to ignore the fact that she could feel his laughter rumbling through his chest. She was so focused on cooling down her red cheeks that she almost toppled over when they abruptly stopped.

"Well, angel," Draco started. "It's time for you to go get sorted."