Our Red Pillows

Kirishima x Reader

Hair Dying Headcannon

"We're still on for tonight, right?"  Kirishima's voice came through clearly on your cellphone.

"Of course!"  You said as you smiled at your calendar. Sunday, October 17th, today's date was circled in red. And red, meant Kiri.

"Great! And it's my turn to pick the movie, so have popcorn ready!  I'll be there in 20!"

You hung up the phone with your best friend and sighed. You smiled to yourself and shook your head as you flipped through the pages of passed months. Red circles on every sixth Sunday night and then some. Every day that you and Kirishima had spent together, marked and remembered through red and blue circles between both your calendars.

Just as you poured the popcorn into a big blue bowl the doorbell rang. Kirishima greeted you with his toothy grin and a tight hug.

Once inside your living room he saw the kitchen chair pulled and placed in front of the flat screen TV. Kiri always knew which chair was his; it was always stained red. 

He excitedly placed the DVD of his movie choice inside the ps4 and sat in his red chair. You handed him the popcorn and opened up the plastic grocery bag he had brought, which contained bleach, dye and a plethora of tools you'd need to keep your best friend an artificial red head.

As you set to work the two of you multitasked. You working bits of dye through Kiri's hair and Kiri feeding you pieces of popcorn while you both watched The Goonies on blu-ray.

"Alright! The hard bit is done, now I can break while it sets." You say as you plop down onto the couch.

"Woah! Tired already? You should work out more Y/n! Build up that stamina!"

"Hey!" You picked up one of your couch throw pillows and chucked it at Kirishima's face. "I do so work out!"

"Could've fooled me!" Kiri said while laughing and dodging the next two pillows that were thrown at him. However the last one was caught and thrown right back at your face.

And hit you square on the nose. Before you could give Kiri a piece of your mind the alarm went off.

"Rinse?" he smiled and you nodded.

"Yes."

As you and Kirishima cleaned up the area where the hair dying took place you noticed the pillows that you had thrown were now stained with yours and Kiri's red hand prints. 

"Aw man, I'm sorry about that. Let me buy you more pillows." He said looking over your shoulder at the ruined white pillows.

"I kind of like it. I really like it, actually." Kiri raised a red eyebrow.

"Really?" You grinned at him and nodded happily as you placed your hand over your red print. Kirishima placed his hand on his own print, which coincidentally was right on top of yours.

"Yeah, I like it too."