twelve - changing times + a note on content theft

the temperature had finally started to rise, the wind had calmed down to a lighter breeze and the sun couldn't be happier. the same went for you.

you had spent the last almost half a year with diluc, including all the good and bad moments. of course you knew that you had to endure the bad moments in order to get to the good ones. or in other words, you went through the rain to watch the rainbow.

you were running through the streets of mondstadt, checking every alley and every corner to find the red haired man but he was nowhere to be seen.

today was his birthday, and you hadn't seen him the entire morning. when one can't find ones partner anywhere after they've dissappeared without a trace or note, one would get worried sick - but in some way you knew you could trust diluc. you knew he was more then strong enough to protect himself if he got into danger.

but then you abruptly stopped chasing after nothing, standing in front of the fountain as a thought occurred to you.

-"of course" you smiled as you remembered where is.

where could he possibly be on the day that he hated the most because of one particular reason?

the walk to the green field close to dawn winery was somewhat short as you paced fast, trying to get there as soon as possible.

your eyes scanned around the sunny field then landed on the way too familiar shade of scarlet red in the distance. diluc was kneeling next to a stone tombstone, inaudibly talking to himself.

he was in the shade of a sandbearer tree that seemed so out of place in the sea of black and white birch trees. the only tree that stood out, the odd one out.

the morning dew tickled against your ankles as you made your way through the field of green, the light yet chilly breeze pushed against you and blew your hair away from your face.

the red man turned his head to make eye contact with you as you gave him a kind smile, approaching him then sitting on the ground next to his kneeling self.

-"i knew i'd find you here" you said.

it was subtle yet gentle, the way he smiled towards the tombstone before turning to look at you. every time he did smile, it would surprise you.

you observed the said tombstone, the words "Crepus Ragnvindr, beloved father of two" were embedded in the grey stone. a look of what seemed to be pure serenity was present on dilucs face.

-"you were looking for me?" he asked.

-"of course i was," you chuckled, "it's your birthday after all" a light tint of pink traced over your nose.

he hummed in reply.

-"seven years ago i lost everything i had," he began, "seven times i've come to this place by now, and six times i've felt nothing but dread here"

-"six?" you asked.

-"this time, the seventh time, i don't feel dread," he looked over his shoulder to your face, "i believe it's because of you, i can say i'm quite lucky to have you in my life again"

you didn't respond to that - truth was, you didn't know how to. but he was okay with your silence, he found comfort in just your presence. you placed your hand on his shoulder for comfort.

words seemed to come easily when you were around him, you weren't afraid of judgement and neither was he around you. it was mutual.

the day went along nicely and smoothly, at least it tried so for you. you were tapping your foot against the wooden floor of your living room, biting the inside of your cheek in impatience.

there was a surprise birthday party that had been organized for dilucs birthday, and all day you were trying your hardest to distract diluc from going to angel's share which actually wasn't as hard as you thought it would be. all you had to do was ask him to spend the day with you, which he was more than happy to do.

-"hey diluc?" you called to the man who sat on the couch next to you, reading a book of some sort, his hand around your body as he held you close to him.

-"yes?"

you got up from the couch while a pair of eyes followed yours. you held a hand out to him.

-"let's go somewhere" you smirked.

-"where? with who?" he curiously asked.

-"you'll see" you said as you walked to the coat rack, picking up his coat and throwing it to him.

diluc caught the coat with both of his hands, immediately putting it on at the same time as you. the entire time he had an incredibly confused look on his face.

-"come on!" you smiled as you held the door open for him to pass through.

he nodded, taking your hand in his the moment he stepped out the doors.

-"surprise!" the entire tavern of familiar people and friends shouted the moment you stepped foot through the door.

diluc turned to look at you with wide eyes, not having had expected this from you of all people. he looked around and through a confused tone thanked everybody for coming.

he wasn't exactly fond of surprises or surprise parties to be more exact, but this time he could let it slide knowing you were the one to plan it behind his back.

friends and acquaintances chatted with each other, the tavern booming with great energy just like every weekend.

though it took diluc some time to settle in with the joyous mood of the tavern, the night was unlike any other when he did so. it was the least you could do for the celebration of his birthday, the day he once thought was a cursed annual day.

🔺🔻🔺
a/n: rip my motivation🙏 not sure if you've seen it already but the first chapter to that xiao x reader is out now though the updates have been very slow :))

now onto a more important note.

it has been brought to my attention that all (as of this moment) three of my books/fanfictions have been taken without my permission and posted by an unknown person to novelhd.com, a vietnamese (?) website that is known for taking many works by many authors without their permission and posting them.

i've contacted their (?) people via email a few weeks ago, requesting they take it down from that website as i don't want my works to be published and/or translated without my permission to third-party websites. i will be expecting their reply, and keep you guys updated on the situation on my profile. i'm simply telling you (whoever is still reading this) this so that you know i did not post those works onto said website.

if there are any questions, please proceed to ask them either here or on my profile (on wattpad).

yours truly, pinkblacklight.