1

Zeus sighed as he entered his palace, he had just came back from seeing one of his lovers. He was most definitely not in the mood to hear another long lecture from Hera. As he entered his and Hera's room, he was not expecting to be greeted with an uncomfortable silence.

He glanced to the bed where Hera was sleeping peacefully. As he stared at her, he could not help but admire her. After all the pain Zeus put her through, she held on strong, never breaking. She always held an aura of confidence no matter what. That made Zeus attracted to her in the first place. 

As he walked closer to the bed, Hera woke up and wore a sad smile. Zeus was confused, his wife never smiled at him before.

"I want a divorce"

This was it, the sentence Zeus wished for Hera not to say. He knew that if he didn't agree, Hera would probably bother him every day but he didn't care. "No" Zeus said firmly.

Hera smiled a watery smile,"Isn't it obvious? I'm fading. Besides, there isn't any love left in our marriage, so why stay together? I don't want to fade hating you, my little brother."

"What?"  Zeus questioned, not really sure whether he heard her correctly.

"Nothing, just reminding you of today's meeting with the minor gods at 4:00p.m." she said and flashed out, leaving Zeus quite puzzled. 

Why did she remind me today? She never does...

Thanks for reading!

~avs