3

Enyo was pacing back and forth as she could not bear to have her dear mother leave her. Her father Zeus was commanding the healers of Apollo to help his wife even though they could not find anything wrong with her. Finally, Enyo could not take it and let a few stray tears down and whispered to her mother"Mother, please wake up..."

At the sound of her daughter's distressed voice, Hera slowly opened her eyes,"Enyo?"she croaked. Enyo gasped and started to check her mother for any injuries or bruise,"What happened mum? I was so worried, are you okay?" Enyo fretted,"The healers and Apollo could not find anything wrong with you, what the hades is happening to you mum?"she whimpered.

"Oh my dear daughter nothing is wrong with me, it's just time for me to go."

"What? Mum, we're immortal. We can't die!"

"I'm not dying Enyo, I am simply fading."

"What does that mean, mother?" Enyo asked confused.

"When a God or Goddesses domains is no longer of use, they will fade and go to the Paradise. No God or Goddess take marriage seriously anymore, that is the reason I'm fading."

Zeus who had been silently watching the conversation between Hera and Enyo was shocked at what Hera just revealed. "Hera....."

He got cut off by Hera. 

"Zeus, just call Hebe and let me talk to Enyo and her alone. And if I fade, please rule well and take care of our kids."

Zeus sighed and summoned Hebe while reluctantly walking out. As for Hebe, she flashed into the room and went to Hera's side almost immediately.

"My dear daughters, you have made me proud in many ways. Hebe, remember I love you so much. As for Enyo, I love you so much too, but please help your twin brother to stop bullying  Hephaestus. Tell Zeus I released all curses I placed on his lovers." Hera whispered as she suddenly flickered and evaporated.

Hebe stared in horror as Enyo tried to grab Hera and pull her back to reality.

"Mother? Mother, please, don't leave me."Enyo sobbed uncontrollably. As Hebe cried, Zeus burst into the room and sobbed as soon as he saw his wife not there anymore.

The news of The Queen's passing was announced and there was not a soul who didn't weep or cry for their queen as Hera was a fair, wise and majestic queen unlike the rumours that preceded her.

As for Zeus, he spent his days taking care of his kids and waiting for his time to rejoin his love in the Paradise. He changed and stop being a tyrant and ruled fairly.

The End.

Thank you for reading this story!

~avs