ONE

With every punch I swung at the punching bag the adrenaline rush became more powerful to the point that all I felt was rage and hate

My father always told me to never allow the anger to consume me, but I've never been able to control it.

I was pulled out of school at a young age for having a bad temper when things didn't go my way, so I was home schooled for majority of my life. I never had a prom or a graduation, I've only had my guns, the money and the weapons to do what I was born to do.

I was born to kill.

"Your knuckles are bleeding," My father stated knowing well that I was aware of the blood dripping down my hands. "Again."

I looked at him and rolled my eyes, "Papa, I can handle the pain, hence why I don't use boxing gloves." I reassured him, wiping the blood off with my hand towel.

This was normal routine. My knuckles were scarred because of my commitment to training. I was perfectly fine with that, too.

My father knew I could handle myself but sometimes he worried a little too much but never allowed himself to show it. Being so close to him and him being the only one that ever took care of Jayden and myself, I easily saw past his 'tough' side.

"Besides, I'm going to need to toughen up a little more if I want to lead this mafia in the future." I said, fanning myself. It got hot in here real quick.

My father crossed his arms as he looked at me with concern. I didn't understand why.

I opened my mouth to say something but I was cut off by my annoying ass of a brother. "Did you forget that I am a part of this family?" Jayden questioned, raising a brow as he walked towards me.

"If it isn't Jayden, the player and fuck boy of the family! have you finished your sex sessions for the day? I mocked, staring my brother down as he stood directly opposite me with a huge grin on his face.

Father let out a harsh sigh, making Jayden and I look at him instantly. One thing we had learnt over the years, especially since we started training as assassins, was to never piss off dad when he had a lot of shit on his plate.

It ends up badly.

Not for us, for him.

"Enough from the both of you! We have a mission tonight so we will be meeting up with the crew to discuss our plan to collect our shipment from the docks." My father hissed angrily, eyes growing darker by the second which made the redness of his cheeks stand out.

"Papa, your blood pressure." Jayden warned him, holding his hand out for dad to reach.

Ever since we could remember, dad had always suffered from high cholesterol and Jayden and I had to learn ourselves what to do in these situations if it exceeded the normal rate.