{1}

Y/n was in her study going through papers and financing a few things before one of her ladies in waiting, Lady Sophia, the daughter of one of the powerful dukes, entered and curtsied. "Your Highness." 

"Lady Sophia, what brings you here?" The dark-haired woman looked up from her papers, pausing what she was doing.

"You received a letter from the Eastern Empire." She handed her the letter which had a wax seal with the seal of the Emperess. 

"Ah, I'm sure it's the invitation for the New year's ceremony."

"Yes, of course, I'll leave you here to be at work."

"Stay for a moment longer."

"Of course your highness."

The queen opened the letter, skimming through it before grabbing a pen and writing down that she will be attending. "Please send this back to the Eastern Empire Lady Sophia." She handed her the letter back and re-sealed it with her own seal.

In the Eastern Empire, it had been about a week or two since they sent out the letter to Queen Y/n. They expected to receive the usual she couldn't make it and sends her sincere apologies, but, they didn't. They actually got confirmation that she would be attending.  The empress was surprised but was nonetheless glad she would be able to talk with the queen about maybe some trading deals between their territories.  

Y/n was already on her trip to the Eastern Empire as it took a week to arrive there, she had all the gowns she would need packed, and her lady in waiting alongside her. They arrived at the empire after about a week.

Queen Y/n stepped out of the carriage in a dark green gown that had the detailing of leaves and flowers, a pearl necklace around her neck, and a ring with her family crest on it. Her hair half in a loose bun with a flower pin in it and the rest down. Her black shoes clicking against the ground as she approached the couple that awaited to greet her.  She approached the couple. Her eyebrow lifted when she saw the empress, there were no lies about her beauty or her ice-cold aura. "Your Majesties." She greeted giving a small bow as they greeted her as well.  She stared at the empress a bit longer before dismissing herself to go to her chambers which a few servants led her to.

After arriving at the estate Y/n got situated and went for a walk before running into, you'll never guess who, the empress. Part of Y/n wanted this to happen, see the empress again, and she got it. They both made eye contact, Y/n being the first to approach, she curtsied. "Your majesty, it is an honor to be here. I must say, the estate is beautiful." She commented as she stood back up, the empress nodding as she greeted Y/n as well. 

"Ah, thank you Queen Y/n. I'm glad you enjoy it. I hope you will enjoy your stay at our empire."

"I'm sure I will. I saw a woman with white hair walking about the garden. Is she a new debutante into high society? I apologize for not keeping up with any new debutantes, haven't had the time to clear my schedule."

The empress's eyes froze. "..You must be talking of Rashta. She is his Majesty's mistress." She said keeping her usual neutral expression. 

The dark-haired woman was taken aback, she had heard the emperor and empress were lovers before marriage and that even the high priest thought that they would be a very well paired pair. She was also surprised as to how any man would take a mistress when there was a very gorgeous woman in front of him. "I see. I must say, she seems a bit odd. She looked completely out of place."

Just then, the empress's lady in waiting came from the side of her as she heard what Y/n said. "Of course she seems out of place. She was said to be a runaway slave!"

"Laura, please, calm yourself down." Said the Empress as she turned to the redhead and the redhead went quiet.

"Of course your majesty."

Y/n's interest however peaked even more. The woman wasn't even one of nobility and didn't know the basics of proper etiquette. "Well, your majesty puts that woman to shame in every way." She stated, a small smile on her face as she stated nothing but the truth in her opinion and let's be honest, everyone's opinion.

Navier laughed a tiny bit. "Thank you, Queen Y/n." 

Laura poked her head in. "Your Majesty, you must get going. You have dinner with his majesty soon."

"Ah, of course, if you'll excuse me," Navier said before saying farewell to Queen Y/n.

"Farewell, my golden jewel." Said the queen before walking back to her chamber to eat her dinner and then rest afterward, maybe read a book.