{5}

The day had just begun and it was time for Y/n to return to her kingdom. She was quite sad about it and decided to have tea with the empress before leaving. Which is what she was doing now, wearing a dark purple dress. "Your majesty, thank you for meeting me. I know it must have been hard to take time out of your busy schedule." Y/n said, sitting across from Navier with a small smile on her face.

"It is an honor to meet with you. It was really no trouble at all to make time. So, what was it you wanted to discuss?" Navier asked before taking a sip of her tea. She looked stunning in the soft red dress wore, it really was such a good color on her.

"Ah, well the Northern Kingdom has been doing very good recently, we're known as being one of the wealthiest kingdoms'. We recently discovered a small mine and I wanted to know if the Eastern Empire would like to buy it. We already have plenty of jewels, so one less mine wouldn't hurt."

"Hm..Well, I'll have to speak to his majesty about it. We will let you know if we accept the offer or not by the end of the month."

Y/n oh so desperately hoped that she would agree, hoping that she would be the one that handled all the business with it that way she would have an excuse to meet with the Empress every once in a while.

"Oh, there was one more thing. Your husband, is a fool. A husband should be devoted to his wife as she should be devoted to him. That is what my mother, previous queen of the Northern Kingdom used to tell me." Ah yes, the Northern Kingdom was much like the Eastern Empire, even previous Kings' had mistresses but that stopped a few generations ago, and was now considered taboo to have a lover outside of marriage.

Navier's eyes widened. "Your mother sounds like a very wise woman." She said simply. "I hear that there will soon be a large ball in the Northern Kingdom, for the celebration of sun correct?"

"Yes, there will be. This year will be the biggest one yet." The queen said with a small smile. During the winter, in the Northern Kingdom the sun wouldn't come out so much, but when it did there was a yearly celebration, thanking the god for bringing the sun back and its a celebration that the whole kingdom takes part of, there's a festival in the capital and a ball for nobles.

"That's good to hear."

It had been a couple weeks, Y/n had arrived back a week earlier and was still catching up on work, along with planning the ball so she was pretty stressed.

"Your majesty, the seamstress has some designs for your gown, for the celebration of sun. She said that she would like you to pick as soon as possible." Sophia said, holding a few pages of paper with dress designs along with accessories drawn on there as well.

"Of course, of course. I'll do it right away." She said as Sophia placed the papers on her desk. She looked at the designs, all beautiful of course, but one caught her eye. She circled it, handing it over to Sophia. "Please take it back to the seamstress, and then prepare some warm bath water for me, will you?" She asked as she handed the paper back to Sophia as she sighed and leaned back in her chair.

"Of course, your majesty. I'll get on it right away, I'll ask Lady Rose to heat you up some tea as well, I think it would help with the stress." Sophia said with a small bow and was off to do what you had said.

Of course you had sent a invitation to the Empress to come to the ball, you do every year but she's far too busy and usually sends someone in her place. She and the Emperor had decided not to buy the mine, but that just meant more riches for the Northern Kingdom.

The Queen took her bath and had tea, which did calm her down quite a bit. After that she headed off to bed.

The day before the ball, many people had already arrived to the capital and they were still waiting to see who would come in place of the Empress. Y/n was informed that the delegation from the Eastern Empire had arrived, she of course went to greet them. She saw white hair. "Why on Earth would she be here?" The Queen thought to herself.

Rashta stepped out the carriage, a few officials surrounding her which included her ladies in waiting and baron Lante along with a few others.

They all bowed before you as you nodded slightly. "Welcome to the Northern Kingdom, please, enjoy your stay." Y/n said with a welcoming smile.

"Your majesty. It is an honor to be in here, and in your presence" Rashta said warmly.

Why the hell is she here? She has no political power, has no knowledge of how everything works. Why would she come to the Northern Kingdom? Did she beg the Emperor to let her go maybe?

"Mm..Likewise." The queen spoke coldly, she could see her breath in the air as it was quite cold in the Northern Kingdom. "I'll have some maids show you to your room." She said simply before walking off. Y/n still had a few things to do so she wanted to get them done quickly.

It was the ball, the queen sat in her throne. She wore a black dress that had flowy sleeves and she wore a golden shawl over it along with a golden fan in her hand. Her long dark hair done up nicely in a bun with a golden crown sat upon her head. She was surprised to see Rashta, mingling with nobles from other nations and from the Northern Kingdom.

Soon people started coming and greeted Y/n, even Rashta with her hair left down and wearing a dark green dress, the top of it being a dark brown.

All the queen did was acknowledge the woman, giving a small nod. Lady Sophia and Rose quickly walked up to the Queen. "Your majesty, people are talking about how kind that woman is, and how she and you are close friends. Is it true?" Sophia asked curiously.

A small smile tugged at her lips as she pulled out her fan and covered her face, bursting out laughing which caught the attention of people, she calmed herself down, still laughing a bit. "Me and Rashta, friends? Oh, that's absurd." She said a bit more quietly but a few people still heard.

"Of course! I should have known that your majesty wouldn't lower your standards like that." Sophia said with a chuckle.

Everyone turned to look at Rashta who was red with embarrassment and ended up leaving the ball early.

A/N: I know this chapter is shit but I just really wanted to get something out for you guys! So I'm sorry for the poor quality but the next chapter will be better I promise! And it won't take as long to come out!!