{9}

Rashta was fuming. She was pacing in her room back and forth, she was dealing with the viscount and now the Empress is giving her issues? She felt as though she could never catch a break in the palace.

The words kept playing in her head.

"Oh, and please if you attend a ball as a diplomat for the Eastern Empire, do not lie. It'd be bad for the Empire's reputation."

She huffed, she had admired the Empress when she first entered the palace, now not so much. All she wanted was to be friends, sisters. (A/N: This is literally so gross 🤢 I'm only writing it for the story)

Rashta wonders if the Empress had been accepting of her, would their relationship be closer? She just wanted to feel welcomed but instead, she felt threatened.

"It's not fair! Why must I suffer?! Being lectured like a naughty child from her majesty, in front of her ladies in waiting and maids too!" Rashta spoke loudly in anger as Duke Ergi sat in front of her.

"It sounds to me that you just have to show her you aren't a child, that you're a grown woman who can make her own decisions.." The Duke suggested with a shrug.

Rashta looked at him with an unsure look on her face. "How would I do that?" Rashta asked pleadingly.

"Well, the masquerade ball is coming up, perhaps instead of wearing your usual light colors you wear red? That is the Empress's signature color, and you wish to be like her don't you? Besides, I hear that is what she will be wearing as well. Why don't you make her flustered the way she does you?" The man smirked with his head in his hand. It was too easy to convince Rashta to do something. "Especially since right now she sees you as his majesty's lap dog. At his beck and call, a dog who always listens to he order of its master. Why don't you show her, that this dog doesn't always do what it's told?"

"Yes! That is an amazing idea! Thank you Duke Ergi!" Rashta cheered as the man smirked to himself.

The day of the ball came, everyone was enjoying themselves, and among the people was someone special. Lord Carcel, he was a young Marquis from the Northern Empire, he was friends with some Nobleman from the Eastern Empire, and an informant to the Countess who Y/n had previously made a deal with. He was sipping on wine when he saw the white haired woman enter the ballroom with a red dress. She immediately commanded the attention of everyone in the room, and people hurried to compliment her.

Rashta would be lying if she said he wasn't enjoying how people hurried to her to compliment her and not Navier. While she had not arrived yet she was sure that people would still be stuck looking at her and not the Empress.

"Your majesty, your dress is amazing! I believe you are the only person wo can pull off such a strong color." Countess Eliza said with a soft smile as Laura nodded and agreed. They were walking into the ball, and when they did they were shocked.

"How could this be?" Countess Eliza said surprised as she saw Rashta, wearing a red gown with the same flowers on it as Navier's.

"Huh?" Rashta said, turning around and playing dumb as if she didn't plan for this. At this point, everyone's eyes were on them, and Rashta planned to give them a show. She would be the naive slave girl who happened to catch the eye of the Emperor, and Navier will be the cruel Empress. "Your majesty...Your dress, it's similar to mine.." Rashta announced as she looked at Navier. "Did you wear a similar dress on purpose?" Rashta questioned with a slight tilt of the head like the dog she is.

"Lady Rashta you have crossed the line!" Countess Eliza attempted to shield Navier from the accusation.

Navier smiled, "So when you said you wanted us to be sisters, did you mean you wanted to share clothes like sisters do? Or to copy me as sisters do?" She questioned, answering elegantly as always. (Our elegant queen 😍)

"What I said had nothing then has nothing to do with now! This time your majesty has copied me!"

"Why would I do that? Copying you would only make the both of us look bad, I stand to gain nothing from it." Navier sighed before turning around. "I hope you bear mind to this in the future." She said before tossing her mask off and walking away to sit on her throne.

Soon people began whispering about who copier who, people think that Navier copier Rashta and others think the opposite.

People began to side with and sympathize with Rashta, and those who did that, were commoners. That is something Rashta had that Navier didn't. Navier was born the daughter of a high class noble family, and was betrothed to the crown prince from birth essentially. She always lived lavishly, never worrying about money or holding down a job. She would never be able to relate to the commoners the way Rashta could. That is the one of he only things Rashta had the upper hand in.

"Your majesty!" Rashta exclaimed as the Emperor walked in and she practically ran to him.

Sovieshu looked at Rashta and then at Navier, soon he heard people whispering about who copied who. He left Rashta and walked to the throne. "I told the Empress to wear red, and might I say, Empress. You look more beautiful than I could have ever imagined." He smiled as he kissed her hand before sitting down.

Navier knew he was lying, but she went along with it. "Of course your majesty. I will wear whatever color you shall choose for me." She smiled a bit as well.

Whispers about who copied who dialed down and instead they began talking about how strong the Emperor and Empress are, especially the Empress since she now has to put up with a mistress.

This wasn't what Rashta wanted. She huffed before spotting Duke Taunia, walking over and sitting down with him, beginning to talk. She was scheming something.

Soon the ball ended without further incident.

"Your majesty. It is time to wake up, the sun has been up for an hour already. You have many things to do, and Countess Rosille is here to see you." Sophia announced as she opened the curtains and uncovered Y/n.

The queen sighed before sitting up. Her dark hair a tad bit messy and her (e/c) eyes heavy and almost returning back to the paradise of sleep before Sophia clapped her hands which startled the young monarch. She was now up and awake, processing what Sophia had said earlier. "Countess Rosille? As in Lady Eleanor? Why is she here without an appoitment?" The woman questioned as she stood up.

"The Countess says that is is an urgent matter, and that you would not mind since it is something you have been waiting for."

"Could it be? Did she find something about Rashta?" Y/n thought to herself as she sprung up from bed. "Get me ready, I must see her at once."

"Your majesty, you will be thrilled to find out what I have on Lady Rashta." The Countess smiled.

"Your majesty! Have you heard what happened?!" Luara exclaimed as she rushed through the door.

"Laura! You mustn't run like that in front of her majesty!" Countess Eliza scolded.

"It is fine, what is so important you had to rush here to tell me?" Navier asked as Laura was kneeled down in front of her.

"It's about Duchess Tuania, Duke Tuania had asked for a divorce!"

"They say a Duke had asked his wife for a divorce, and my connections are saying that Lady Rashta played a part in it." Eleanor spoke as the queen looked at her surprised.

Rashta was nothing but a commoner, how could she make a divorce happen in high society? She must've been hiding her true intelligence...

Word Count: 1345
(A/N: Here is a chapter for you guys I know you guys are thirsty for this haha. Also, sorry for going back and forth between the Northern Kingdom and the Eastern Empire, it might be a bit hard to read. I AM SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS I AM LITERALLY ABOUT TO FALL ASLEEP)