19

An alarm was blaring, and no matter how many times I slapped my phone, it wouldn't snooze.

That was when I realized it wasn't my alarm.

I trudged out of bed, sleep still in my eyes. I knocked on Dallas's door. "Wake up!"

No response.

Cross that, the alarm went off again.

"CAN YOU WAKE UP?" I yelled louder, slapping his door.

My eyes began to close, nearly bringing me to the floor. The alarm got louder suddenly.

That's it. I pushed open his bedroom door. In the dim lighting, I could make out that he was laying like a starfish across his bed.

Out like a light.

I grabbed his arm and tried to yank at it. "Dallas, close your stupid alarm!" He didn't budge. Deciding to find his alarm and close it myself, I listened for the source.

It seemed to be coming from under his pillow.

I stuck my hand beneath it, fumbling for his phone. After struggling for a good few seconds, I finally grabbed it and pressed the stop button.

Running away from the men in black the day before had left me so exhausted. I knew I'd fall asleep the minute I got back into my bed.

I turned to leave but before I could, a hand shot out, grabbing mine.

Before I knew it, Dallas had wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his bed.

Suddenly any drowsiness I had dissipated and I became hyperaware of what was going on.

"I'm not one of your hook-ups." I protested against his chest.

His lips curled up, but his eyes remained shut. "I'm not one to casually hook-up."

I went quiet.

What am I supposed to do in this situation?

He took in a deep breath. "Wow. You smell really good." Another inhale. "Like vanilla and..." He paused in thought.

"Lavender." I finished. I'd showered before sleeping. The sharpie Ace used on my hand took so long to remove. By the time I got it off, his number was not only saved on my phone but engrained in my brain. "It's my conditioner."

He hummed in approval. "I like it."

I didn't know why my cheeks began to heat up. "Your alarm woke me up so now you have to as well."

"No, let's both go back to sleep." He spoke lowly as he pulled me closer to his chest, eyes still closed.

"Why was your alarm set so early?"

His brows creased. "Forgot to turn it off." He mumbled. "Now please, shut up."

I pushed against his arm, but he was too strong.

"Dallas, let me go. I thought we hated each other."

Don't we?

"It would be so much easier if I did hate you..." He muttered, drifting back to sleep.

Okay, what?

"What does that mean?"

No response. He was out.

His grip around my waist remained steel-like. No matter how much I pushed, it wouldn't loosen. Giving up, I decided to just go to sleep.

* * *