26

"Okay," I breathed out. "We need to lay out some ground rules."

"Rules?" Dallas grinned, taking a seat across from me on the same couch.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Like number one. Don't leave your dishes for me to pick up after you."

"I never said you had to pick them up for me."

"But, I can't stand messy environments."

"Sounds like your problem, Cherry"

I sighed. He had stopped leaving clothes and trash all over the place at least. "Anyway. Second rule, no flirting, sexual contact, or anything of that sort."

"What?" He scooted closer to me. "You mean like this?" He asked, tracing his fingers up my bare arm.

"Yeah..." Shivers spiralled down my spine. "Don't do that."

"Why?" He wiggled his brows. "Does it make you feel some type of way?"

"Nope. It's just weird."

He smirked, his fingers continuing to hike up my arms.

"Okay, okay." I swatted his hands away.

The interaction from the day before replayed like flashes in my mind, making my face heat up.

He sat back, "So, we have one rule so far--"

"--Two."

"One— I will pick up after myself."

"And two—"

He hushed me quiet. "And two, we spend every Friday having a movie marathon or something of the sort."

I remembered the whole fake-spider situation the last and only time we watched a movie together.

"That sounds like something couples would do." I declined.

"You and Ellie do that, don't you?"

"Yeah, but she's my best friend."

He beamed as he shrugged. "I can be your best friend."

"Okay..."

He was in a surprisingly good mood.

"So, now, we've got two rules."

"Three—" I objected.

"--Two."

"Dallas!"

"Charlotte!" He mocked.

"I'm serious."

"So am I." He stood up, "I'm going to be late for my classes." And with that, he left the apartment.

Before I could yell at him for not letting me finish what I wanted to say, my phone began to ring.

Ace.

Nervously, I answered the call.

"How about that date?" He greeted.

"When?"

"Tonight? If that works for you?"

I felt myself growing excited, but played it off casual. "Yeah, sure."

"Perfect. I'll pick you up at seven."

* * *

"Dallas?" I called.

I held the front of my dress up. After Ace's call, I FaceTimed Ellie. She didn't look that well, but I knew the minute she heard what was going on, she'd cheer up.