chapter 2

.I open the door to see my mother as her piercing blue eyes turned into surprised ones.

Mother:  Oh! My baby, I knew you would come around and come back to your mama.

You sweatdropped at your mother's behavior knowing that she was fake as hell. If you know her any better she probably wants something from you like money, your home (that she thinks you have), and all the so-called luxury that she thinks you have. All because you're her sWeeT bAbY bOy!

M/N: Sure😒 mother. Anyways where's grand grandmother?

Mother: why would you wanna see that old hag anyway!?😠

Didn't you come to only see me 'mommy dearest~'?😇

M/N: I came to watch over Grandma, Ya know your Mother! The person who is YOUR responsibility?!😠

At this point, you were a little pissed and you were starting to cause a scene. Your deep, booming voice as you towered over your smaller mother. Some of the neighborhood villages stopped shoveling snow to make sure you don't do anything brash. (As if they could stop you if they could).

It was painfully obvious that your mother was frightened/threatened by you. You were so close to snatching the kimono off her back knowing that she would be littered in Hickeys from multiple 'loyal village men' if uncovered. But before you could a small old hand tried to gently cup your large hand in hers even tho your hand was the size of her head.

Your grandma practically shove your mother out the way and gave you the biggest hug she could even tho she is just above your waistline.

-----------------------

Time skip

-----------------------

You were inside the house sitting on handmade furniture that felt way too small to you than it did years and years ago. You were having a nice sweet chit-chat with your grandmother informing her of everything that you have done since you left the village it was awfully cold inside the house though it lacked...life.

Grandma: Oh honey be dear for me, that Kamado boy, Tanjirou is selling wood and charcoal, please go by some your shivering like a wee leaf. Remember, boy he has Hanafuda earrings and does NOT BE OUTSIDE PAST DARK. Now off you get.

*you sigh as you nod and take the small amount of money from her crippled old hand.*

You leave the comfort of your cold childhood home as you walk the streets of the snowy village. As you walked women hid their children behind them in fear of the 'tall scary and intimidating looking man' and what he would do to the beloved children, however, the men stood in a practice stance in from of their wife while the older sons protected the teenage or young women.

"I-is that him?" You thought to yourself as you walk up behind the boy with hanafuda earrings.

-----------------------

Tanjirou pov

-----------------------

I had a king down the mountain with my huge loads of wood and coal and I was currently selling it to one of the old men of the village. All of a sudden his face looked panicked I looked around everybody's face mirrored his as if on time I caught the scent of someone else. I quickly spin around only to hit something... soft?

I backed up a little getting ready to apologize but before I even could a large hand was placed on my shoulders. I looked upward to see who was the person to have ran into only to see a very large and intimidating man older than me but handsome nonetheless, apparently the soft things I ran into were his pecs but they were so soft and squishy.

"My dearest apologies sir! I should have looked where I was going!" I yelled slightly panicked.

M/N: calm down boy, I just require wood and charcoal from you.

I looked up at the e/c male letting out a breath of relief, only to look at the sled I use to pull wood *empty* then I looked into the basket which held charcoal *one singular piece of coal.*  I let out an awkward chuckle and handed him the single piece of coal. "I'm very sorry sir that you came all this way! Please if it's not a lot of trouble you can come with me up the mountain ill give you as much as you need for the inconvenience.😟

-----------------------

M/N pov

-----------------------

*You sigh and slowly nod. This was too much activity for you in one day.*

-----------------------

Time skip

-----------------------

Both you and tanjiro were walking up the mountain he seemed to be very good at this he did say he lived in them Mountain after all meanwhile you were trying not to show that much struggle it wasn't that bad but the air was painfully thin. As you walked up the mountain this man who lived on it as well told you both to come inside because of 'demons'. What is with old people and believing in demons? You agreed on leaving so you could in the morning get your wood and charcoal and leave and go back home, after being fed by the old man sleep consumed the soon after. Not me tho, I quietly lifted my large body up and somehow manage to quietly make it to the door and outside. You couldn't stand being cooped up in such a small house for so long you were so big inside of his house he gave you one complete side to yourself well Tanjirou and he slept on the other side.

You walked up the mountain a little to get a feel for it and doing the frosty air flowing through your h/c locks oblivious to the many eyes practically looking through your soul.

Word count:968