back home.

ALORA FROZE. "Dank farrik..."

"From my understanding, he will not be attending the mission with us." Tech said, as the clones and Alora had begun walking out of their barracks.

"Well, why not? It's his droid! I assume this is R2D2 that we are retrieving?" Alora grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest harshly.

Tech took a second to process Alora's new attitude, as he nervously pushed his glasses up on his face. He didn't like when she was so distressed, no one did, because it always turned into her having a cold attitude towards, quite literally, everyone.

"Uh.. Yes. General Skywalker is very busy right now.. Rumor is, we are on the brink of the end of the war—"

"Yeah, like that will ever happen." Alora muttered, cutting off the intelligent clone. Something he always hated, was his brothers cutting him off when he was trying to speak. Normally, Alora never intentionally did that to him. He couldn't understand why all of a sudden she would..

Tech furrowed his eyebrows, becoming increasingly more annoyed as the conversation went on. "You are worse than Crosshair sometimes." He muttered, before looking down to fool with something on his data pad.

"Thanks a lot." Crosshair and Alora said at the same time. They looked at eachother quickly, to which Wrecker began to laugh.

"They're the same person!"

—————

The mission seemed easy enough. The clones, along with Alora, were confident that they would retrieve the droid back to Coruscant to Anakin Skywalker, in record time. A question lingering on their minds, however, was why them? Why pick such an elite squad for a simple task?

"The only reason I can think is because we're the only available squad right now." Hunter said, casually stroking his chin, which he always did whenever he was deep in thought.

"With the end of the war drawing near, it is all hands on deck. Everyone is busy." Tech said thoughtfully.

"The moment we get some time off we get called back out." Crosshair sighed. He was polishing his rifle, for about, the tenth time that day. He was very particular about keeping all of his weapons, armor, and helmet, clean. But that rifle of his was always kept as clean as possible.

"Well, still." Wrecker mumbled, an unhappy look plastered on his face. "We coulda been sent out to blow somethin' up! Send some of the regs to get back the general's droid!" Wrecker sounded as if he was making a speech, ready to storm the walls of the enemy right then and there. It was almost amusing.

"Master Skywalker asked specifically for us to get his droid back." Tech said, his eyes glued to his datapad. He wasn't phased by Wrecker's boisterous voice; though it still annoyed him, he was used to it.

"What? Why?" Alora inquired, her long gaze now directed towards Tech. She was wondering why Tech hadn't told them this information sooner.

He looked up at her and rose an eyebrow. "I would've told you earlier but you kept interrupting me." He said, the attitude in his voice made some of his brother's chuckle.

Alora Nero could only imagine why Anakin wanted herself and her clones on this particular mission.