Chapter 17

»»————- ★ ————-««

»»————- ★ ————-««

              "So, this kids the real killer?" Noah sighed.

Me, Scott and stiles were in stiles's room explaining what we know to Noah.

"Yeah." Stiles shrugged.

"No." Noah quipped.

"Yes!" Stiles replied a little louder.

"No." Noah repeated.

"Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So, all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts, and figure out which class they all had in common." Stiles states.

"Yeah, except for the fact the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris's class." Noah shrugs.

"All right, okay, you're right. Sorry." Stiles muttered sarcastically.

"Then I guess they dropped the charges against him." Stiles adds.

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." Noah replies.

Stiles was going to interrupt but Noah stopped him before he could even speak.

"Scott, Lilah..do you believe this?" The older man sighs. Stiles groaned in defeat.

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt." Scott answers.

Noah turns to me for an answer and I nod in response.

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him." Stiles says raising his voice slightly.

"All right, fine! I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and it's coach dead?" Noah questions.

Me and Scott lean forward waiting for stiles to reply.

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles yells. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years- okay, we don't have a motive yet." Stiles huffs.

I laugh at his stupidity making him turn to face me with a huge grin. He turns back to face his dad and continues to speak.

"I mean, come on, does Harris?" Stiles asks.

"What do you want me to do?" Noah asks hesitantly.

"We need to look at the evidence." Scott spoke up.

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work." Noah replies earning a sympathetic look from me.

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles said.