Unexpected

[Author POV]

Jungkook was always the happy-go-lucky member of the group. He always has a bright bunny smile on his face and lifted the mood of the others no matter what was happening. However, no one expected one of the brightest members of the group to fall so deep.

[Namjoon POV]

Sejin hyung called me this morning, telling me to pass on the message that we would be filming a new Run! BTS episode later. He didn't say what it was about, but he said we would need a lot of energy for it.

He gave a hint - it involved some sort of water sport, something we hadn't done for years. I immediately told the other members, knowing they'd be excited. However, a certain member's reaction was somewhat alarming.

Jungkook looked nervous...scared, even. Everyone knew Jungkook loved sports, but this time he didn't seem too excited. I wonder why. Maybe it was the water? He always refused to go swimming...

[Jungkook POV]

When Namjoon Hyung told us we were doing water sports for the Run! BTS episode later, I began to panic. I've been doing such a great job hiding it, I can't let it happen now.

I could fake an injury? Say I'm not comfortable going into the water? It won't work. I have no choice, huh. I guess my well-kept secret will be revealed today.

I reluctantly ate my breakfast and went upstairs to grab my swimsuit.

I pulled out the dark navy swimsuit I stuffed into the back of my closet. I stared at the short sleeves that would reveal all of my arms. I was dreading the reveal, but it was inevitable.

I decided to wear it under my clothes so I don't have to remove my clothes there.

Maybe I could just cook up some stupid excuse there. I left my room with my phone and other stuff to meet the others in the van.

I made sure that it wasn't too obvious that I was hiding my scars. Yes, scars.

I silently went through a depressive episode last year and it got to the point where I began to relieve my pain with more pain. Ironic, I know. I'm crazy, I've realised that. Who relieves pain with pain?

[Time Skip]

"Okay go get changed!" the director told my hyungs and they left to the bathrooms.

"Jungkook? You're not gonna get changed?"

"Well uh...I wore it inside..." I nervously said.

"Okay then remove your shirt, we're gonna start soon." He smiled at me.

I panicked. I couldn't remove it while he was looking at me! I can't have the camera capture my past pain! I felt panic rise in my chest and I frantically tried to ground myself.

5 things I can see...

Pool.
Cameras.
Water.
Staff.
Bags.

4 things I feel...

The chair.
My clothes.
Cool air.
Wet slippers.