Picture 1

Celebration

It's easy to forgive the honest mistake of believing that the picture is accurate to what happened.

Because it is. Well, almost.

It's a party I attended. Well, the one they launched once the battle was over and cleaned up. Lanterns light the ball, winking light off of armor silver and gold. Every tribe in Chima is there, clapping and dancing to the beat captured by the instruments frozen in time. Thunderans stomp their feet. A Scorpion and Hyena dance together, laughing. A Lion and Tiger nearly trip over each other, trying to figure out their steps and laughing as they do. The redheaded Lion in the center is laughing, too. The one with a gold crown in his mane being twirled by an older, gray-maned Lion who's smiling so hard his jaw might break from strain.

But the reason the picture is inaccurate is because of the redhead in the center. His laugh is legit. His smile is happy just for the heck of it.

My laughing and smile that night was real only for a brief time, but it wasn't real by the time this moment would've taken place. It was forced. I had to smile -- my father was happy, so I had to be.

But I had questions. I had doubts. I had fears. I mean, who doesn't? I went from a nobody to the crown prince of an entire tribe (not to mention the most important one in all of Chima) in a matter of minutes. That doesn't just happen.

What if I can't be what everyone expects me to be? Oh wait, I can't be.

I know the king--my dad said that he'd love me regardless of who I am. But it can't hurt to try and be that perfect son he always wanted, right? That perfect prince that everyone admires?

Yeah, it can't hurt to try. After all, Leonitarus has given me plenty of practice.

A/N: There will be more of these little picture vignettes as the story progresses. Let me know if you'd like me to draw any of them.