The Ghost of Galuna

"I am the Ghost of Galuna."

Gray stared at that transparent figure in shock as leaves swirled around his ankles. So, you're a ghost then?"

The ghost nodded. "That's right."

"I didn't even know Galuna Island had its own ghost."

"It didn't until a couple of years ago."

Gray wasn't too sure what to think about this strange ghost that seemed to come out of nowhere. Even so, he felt that he might be able to get at least a little information out of it. And so, he decided to keep conversing with the glowing entity.

"You said my efforts weren't in vain. Do you happen to know what happened to all of the demons living here by any chance?"

"I do."

Gray gasped at that. "Really?!" He took his hands out of his pockets and drew closer to the ghost. "Well then, what's up?"

The ghost slowly shook his head. "I can't tell you that."

"What? Why not?"

"I sent the request specifically to the master of the Lamia Scale guild. I heard that he spent three years on this island, so I needed his help to figure some things out myself."

"So you were the one who sent the request, huh."

"That's right." The ghost's eyes narrowed on Gray's guild mark. "So, I must ask, why did a member of Fairy Tail come instead?"

"Lyon...er, Master Lyon said he couldn't take the job and gave it to me instead."

"Huh? Why is that?"

Gray looked towards the ground. "Three years ago, he lost his son. He hasn't been like himself ever since."

Suddenly, a somber look crossed over the ghost's face. "Oh, I see. He lost his son, huh?" It steadily planted its feet back on the ground and finally revealed its figure to Gray.

A young boy with messy white hair that reached down to his neck and sky blue eyes stood before him. The child played with the strings on his black hoodie before making eye contact with Gray. "I guess it's up to you then."

"That is why I came here after all," Gray said nonchalantly. "But first, I'm going to need you to answer my question. What happened to all the citizens of Galuna Island?"

"That is related to my request," the white-haired boy said.

"Seriously? Cause all it said on the sheet was that you needed help."

"Yeah, sorry about that. But I didn't really know how to explain it at the time," he admitted, a bit of shame to his voice. "However, now I think I do."

"Alright then, spill it."

"All of the demons of Galuna Island have been abducted. By a man who controls demons."

Gray raised his eyebrows at that. "A man who controls demons?"

The ghost boy nodded. "That's right. He used Demon Tamer magic."

Instantly, Gray was reminded of Future Rogue and how he used Dragon Tamer magic. "So, there's a guy who can control demons too, huh?" Gray muttered under his breath, before turning his attention back on the ghost. "Alright, so do you have any idea where this guy is? I've been searching the whole island, but haven't come across a single person yet..."

The ghost started to sniffle as his eyes watered. Sweat dripped down the side of Gray's forehead as he itched his cheek. "Uh...aside from you of course..."