The Newest Member

"And the princess lived happily ever after," Natsu said in a soft, quiet voice as he shut the book he was holding.

Aki was smiling, content at the story her father had just told her. "That was a really nice story, Daddy. I liked it a lot."

"I'm glad," Natsu said, pulling the sheets over Aki. Now get some rest alright."

"Okay~"

And with that Natsu gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Goodnight, Aki. I love you."

"Goodnight, Daddy. Love you too." Aki slowly let her eyes close as she was whisked away to the land of slumber.

Not long after, Wendy walked into the bedroom. "Is she asleep?"

Natsu nodded, "Yeah, I just put her to bed."

Wendy walked over next to Natsu. The two parents stared down at their child. The embodiment of their love. Just watching her sweet peaceful sleeping face put them both at ease. Her gentle breathing letting them know that she was and secure always managed to put happy and relieved smiles on their faces.

"To think she's already eight years old," Wendy said, a bit saddened by this fact. "Before we know it, she'll be our grown up."

"Yeah," Natsu agreed, his voice nearly cracking as so many of the memories he has made with the two of them surfaced through his mind. "I still remember back when she was first born. That was the happiest day of my life," Natsu said with a sentimental voice as he stared down at Aki.

"Mine too." Wendy leaned in to rest her head on Natsu's shoulder. "I'm worried though."

"About her having learned Dragon Slayer magic?"

"Yeah..."

"I know. So am I," Natsu admitted as his smile started to falter.

"I just don't want her to end up like Irene." Wendy remembered her and Erza's fight with the mother of all dragon slayers. How she was wrought with devastation, anguish, and despair. How she suffered for all her life, how she lived her life in solitude, isolated from the rest of the world for centuries. An eternity of suffering...

Just imagining her sweet little daughter, her and Natsu's very own pride and joy having to endure that kind of fate brought her to the brink of tears. There wouldn't be anything she could do for her. And as a mother, that as the worst feeling Wendy could possibly have.

"You told me about her once. Irene was the one who founded dragon slaying magic, right? The queen of the dragons."

"Yeah," Wendy nodded. "She spent nearly all of her life suffering after she turned into a dragon. When she told me her story, I remember thinking how incredibly relived I was that I would never have to go through that kind of pain. I don't think it's a fate that anybody should have to endure. And definitely not our little girl..."

"I thought the same thing when you told me about her." Natsu looked down at Aki again. "But when she told us she wanted to learn dragon slaying magic after hearing about our adventures, she was so determined, so excited...I just couldn't bring myself to say no." Natsu thought back to when Aki had first asked him and Wendy to teach her magic.

"What kind of magic do you want to learn?" Natsu had asked.

"Dragon Slayer Magic!" The five year-old child stated with no hesitation.

"Why Dragon Slayer Magic?" Wendy questioned.

"Because...you and Daddy both use it! That's how you guys fell in love right? Because you're both dragon slayers! So then as your kid, I gotta become one too!" Aki pounded her chest with pride. "It's only right!"

Fairy Tail Next Generation: Aki, the Sky Flame Dragonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें