Undeserved Kindness

Chapter 3

Undeserved Kindness

Vincent's POV

'Am I going to die?...' Vincent wondered as he began to feel lightheaded from the blood loss, his breathing becoming faint. 'I-I can't...not now...what about Bo?...I...can't...' his thoughts faded as he started to see everything around him disintegrate into darkness 'I'm sorry Momma...I failed.' In this moment he truly believed he had met his end but It seemed almost instantly that he had woken up from a seemingly deep sleep as he remembered seeing the room fade but didn't recall falling asleep. His eye opened slowly and though everything was blurry he knew that he was in the same room. He went to sit up but a sharp pain shot through his leg which woke him right up, he looked down to see his leg bandaged neatly an ice pack strapped to the wounded area, He removed it and set it down beside him as he took notice of what was around him on the floor, he was laying on a couple pillows with a blanket over his shoulders there was a pill bottle on the floor with a note attached to it his blade beside it. Picking up the bottle he brushed his hair out of his good eye to see it better 'I reckon you won't be sleeping for much longer your blood flow should be regulated within an hour or two, I want you to take 2 pills every 6 hours it'll help with the soreness, get well soon Mr. Killer!' there was even a heart drawn in the corner "Did..she do this?" Vincent was honest to god baffled, she could've killed him and booked it out of this town but she helped him, she helped even though he tried to make her part of his museum like the others, why...?

Reader's POV

"Next week?!" I tugged on the edges of my hair in distress. "I'm afraid so miss I was sure I had at least one fan belt that size left in the back but If you're not okay with leaving your car out there on the road I would suggest you stay here until my next shipment comes in." Bo explained as he leaned on the counter in the gas station "Ugh whatever I'll stay I'm sure I missed the game by now anyway." I huffed and ran my hand through my hair. "I'm truly sorry for your little predicament here darlin, there's a motel not far from here you can stay there for the week until that fan belt comes in for ya." I nodded "Sounds good thank you Mr. ummm-" he chuckled "You can call me Bo darlin' I'll go tow your car for ya before someone comes along and strips it." he stood up straight from his position against the counter and left out the front door and I followed close behind "Thanks again Bo I really appreciate this." I smiled softly at the tall man and in return he grinned and tipped his baseball cap before heading for his truck. I turned to go find this motel he told me about. On the way I passed the house of wax and thought about the man that I encountered there. I wonder what his motive was, perhaps just mentally ill? More importantly, does Bo know he's here...

Vincent's POV

In his workshop beneath the museum he continued to work on his newest piece which he had to abandon earlier to handle the intruder upstairs but now he could pick up where he left off, as of right now she was only a bust he had much work to do. Hours have gone by since he resumed his work and had since sculpted the head for the new piece and once finished smoothing out her features he turned away to grab the package of artificial hair to start on her details but upon turning back he flinched and dropped the pack of hair to his feet as he gazed upon his work, It was the perfect likeness of his victim or rather meant to be victim he encountered earlier that day, he was dumbfounded as he hadn't realized he'd been sculpting her face all these hours. This caused a certain irritation to rise within him as this was not his envisionment of what he had planned for this figure, but thoughts of the woman who showed him unwarranted affection lingered in his mind as he worked and this was the result of his distraction, however...she wasn't so bad, his rising displeasure had began to fade as he gazed into the face of his unintentional muse. He stepped closer to her until he was almost nose to nose with the figure, his hand settled on her cheek his thumb gently caressing her lower eyelid studying her striking glass eyes, she was quite beautiful he would hate to admit, her soft plump lips, perfectly sculpted nose, her lovely pure hearted smile. It seemed as if nothing else in the world existed but the captivating face before him that was until a loud thud could be heard above, someone was upstairs in the museum again so he turned away from his figure and snatched his blade off the table cluttered with his sculpting tools and began to head up the stairs to handle the intruder.

Reader's POV

I gripped my hair as I stared down at the sculpture I just bumped into it knocking it over by accident, it didn't seem to be broken but it was certainly slightly damaged, I wasn't sure if I should pick it up or not as I might damage it further. As an artist myself I know what its like to have your work damaged its a god awful feeling, i chewed my nails as I paced around it "fuck me..." I mumbled shakily "W-well this place is abandoned I'm sure the creator wouldn't even- AAH!" As I spoke to myself I turned around to see that man from earlier was standing not too far behind me blade in hand and when he saw my face he seemed just as startled as I was to see him causing him to clutch his sweater seemingly out of anxiety "I-it's you!" I said in surprise as I wouldn't believe I'd see him again. He looked behind me at the figure that had been knocked over before looking back to me seeming to grip his knife tighter, I knew I had just gotten myself into some deep shit. I began to back away slowly holding my hands up in front of my chest as he limped slightly towards me and considering the way he looked at me I put together that he must be the artist behind all these sculptures. He seemed pissed that I ruined one "I-I see you're clearly upset b-but let's talk about this!" I hesitated to do so but If I was going to try to reason with him I could at the very least address him properly " V-Vincent-..."

Vincent's POV

He stopped dead in his tracks as the young woman uttered his name, this caused a growl to erupt from his lips grasping his knife so tight his knuckles would begin to appear white, he would continue to approach her and in return she would continue to back away but started to move faster than him so he lunged at her wrestling her down to the floor straddling her hips and attempting to pin down her however she put up a fight slapping him and batting at his hands but this didn't phase the man in the slightest as she wasn't his first wriggler. He was soon able to pin her wrists to the floor above her head now looming over her with his face close to hers and drew his blade pressing the tip into her jugular and she immediately ceased her struggling as to not get herself punctured, she swallowed hard as she looked into his eye panting softly beneath him "P-please don't do this...y-you're good! I just know it, please.." she would pathetically whimper hoping to reason with him. Vincent seemed to take what she said into consideration with how he looked off to the side breaking their eye contact but he hadn't removed his blade from her throat so it wasn't certain that she would be shown mercy by her aggressor, He turned his head back to her slowly glaring back into her eyes an despite the hatred displayed in his eye he moved the blade from the vulnerable flesh and dropped it beside her head and this caused the woman to sigh shakily in relief " I- HRGGK!" she found herself with his hands around her neck throttling her at full strength which brought about gasping and retching her legs kicking and her hands clawing and gripping at the biceps of his sweater now that they were no longer pinned, Vincent would only squeeze her tighter the more she struggled as a boa constrictor does to it's writhing prey, he would shake her occasionally to speed up the process until her eyes finally rolled into the back of her head and her tight grip on his biceps ceased allowing her arms to fall limp beside her body her legs following suit, and once she seemed to completely cease movement he slowly released her from his deathly grasp. Vincent would huff in exhaustion shaking out hands as they had cramped slightly during his actions, he stood from his position over her and bent over her body grabbing her wrists before lifting her to sit up then reached his right hand under her rear to lift her onto her feet and once she was on them he bent over once more draping her torso over his shoulder and standing straight up again carrying her, keeping a tight hold on her thighs with both hands as he began heading back down to his basement.

TO BE CONTINUED