Part 2

Back at camp the others were slowly beginning their morning routines. Sky polished the Master Sword and admiring its beauty with the rising sun. Warriors was busy shaving. Hyrule and Legend were still asleep, their feet sticking out from their tents. Four was clearing out last night's fire pit to construct a new one.

Time was off to the side, his Biggorn Sword in hand, practicing swings. When he saw Twilight walking back, he stopped. "You look happy. Let me guess-"

"Not now," Twilight said and tried to walk past him.

Time blocked his path using the sword. "Hold on there, pup. You know I'm tired of seeing you like this."

"It's not a problem," Twilight said. He tried to step-side the sword, only to stop again when Time moved in front of him.

Time studied him, his single eye roaming over the younger hero. Twilight stiffened under the scrutiny. What was the Old Man looking for? Weakness?

"It's been a month now," Time said. "And nearly every day your brow furrows and your temper turns. You can't keep letting him get to you like this."

"I'm fine. He's my responsibility, I can handle it."

Time made a face. "You're not responsible for him. He's not a child, and you're not his parent."

"Nor are you mine."

"Ouch," Time said. He raised his hand up in surrender and moved away back to his original spot. "Well, I said my piece, take it as you will."

There was a small twinge of remorse in Twilight's gut. He didn't need to be so rude, the Old Man was just trying to help. Though it wasn't enough for Twilight to feel the need to apologize and he continued on. He passed Wind and gave him a small wave of acknowledgement. When Wind opened his mouth to ask the obvious question, Twilight shook his head and Wind deflated. He wordlessly turned back to his own morning routine of brushing his teeth.

Twilight got back to his own tent and began the process of taking it down. He grabbed his blankets and roughly rolled them up, stuffing them into his knapsack. His hands were moving however his mind was elsewhere.

There's been no improvement in Wild's memory.

Back in Kakariko Twilight returned the slate to Wild on the promise the kid wouldn't teleport immediately away. Wild rolled his eyes but agreed. The slate was returned and nothing more came of it. When Twilight tried to encourage him to look at the photos held within to perhaps spark a memory, Wild said he didn't know how to access it. He has not allowed anyone else access to it. (It wouldn't have mattered if he did. Nobody else knew how to work the blasted thing)

Since then his progress has been stagnant. He's made no effort to relearn who he was, nor did he allow anyone else help him. The few times Twilight has tried to step in and guide him, either Wild purposely ignored him or challenged him.

-maybe it was time to accept the kid he knew was gone-

Twilight ran a hand over his face. His eyes hurt.

"BREAKFAST!"

Twilight looked over his shoulder. Wild had returned to camp, holding up the newly butchered deer leg like a prize. He caught Twilight's eye, and gestured the leg out to him. Was this a provocation? A mockery? Ha ha, look at what I did to the buck you admired!

"C'mon, man," Wild said. "I'll let you get first bite."

It wasn't a proper apology. Twilight sighed and supposed this was the best he was going to get. He quickly finished stuffing the last of his items into his knapsack. He then stood up, going to Wild to help cook.