Part 3

Warriors sighed in contentment, dropping his spoon heavily into his empty breakfast bowl, letting it clatter loudly. "Goddamn. It's amazing how you can cook like it was a goddess-given gift."

It was a nice enough compliment and anyone hearing would've beamed. Wild didn't acknowledged it. His focus was scrapping up the last of his food with a piece of bread.

Twilight gently knocked his elbow against Wild's, causing the kid to scowl. "Thanks," Wild said around a mouthful of food.

"You're welcome," Warriors said. "I think I'm up for dish duty. Anyone ready to give me theirs?"

He grabbed a bucket and filled it with the dishes passed over to him. Wild held out his bowl, and when Warriors grasped it, Wild didn't let go.

"Has the dynamic always been like this?" Wild asked. "I cook, you guys clean?"

"More or less," said Warriors. He tried to tug the bowl away and Wild held strong. "Kid, do you wanna let me clean or what?"

Wild held on for a moment longer then let go.

It was obvious as more time passed, more Wild seemed to question the brother storyline. Once in a while he would ask a question, then poke at the obvious holes to the answers given to him. Twilight could hear the suspicion in Wild's voice easily. There's nine of us and only I learned how to cook? Literally nobody else here knows how to do it?

"So what is today's plan?" Wild asked. "More walking? More taking in the scenery? More walking?"

"We have a destination," said Time. "I've been communicating with the local fairies, and they said they've been seeing strange activity a few miles out from here."

"Strange? Like what?"

"They didn't give details."

"Then how do you know their word is legit?"

"Because I trust them."

"Hmm..." Wild said. "Is it wise to put so much faith into a bunch of insects?"

Time's head snapped towards him, his eye flashing.

Twilight knocked his elbow with Wild's again, this time with enough force for Wild to grunt in pain. Wild rolled his eyes and said, "Is it wise to put so much faith into... so little information?"

Time let the moment linger on for a long uncomfortable second, then said in a clipped tone, "Yes. I trust them with my life."

Wild said nothing to that. He simply watched as Time stepped away to go collapse his tent, then turned to Twilight and punched him in the arm.

"Ow!"

"Hurts, don't it?" Wild snapped at him.

"You were being rude."

"I was being truthful! Are we really going to follow the advice of fairies?"

"What's wrong with fairies?"

Wild's cheeks tinged pink. He suddenly lashed out, "Mind your damn business!" and stood up, tossing aside the last of bits of his bread to the ground. He walked off, the blush reaching up to his ears.