prologue

"You have to get up."

They've heard it more times than they've seen the sunlight in the past 1 and a half month.

Laura knows better, forcing herself to get up to at least wash up. Ross however, curses his brother down until they get the hint that he won't, get up.

"You can't let him get the best of you like this." Sav sighs as she pushes the bowl of cereal towards Laura's place on the island.

"Sav." Laura looks up at her best friend, the sunlight peeking through the blinds still too bright, "I did you a favour by agreeing to eat in the kitchen. Don't test my patience right now."

Sav sighs as Laura takes her first spoonful of the colourful marshmallows, "No need to snap at me, I just hate seeing you like this."

"You don't think I do too?!" There it is. She stands up abruptly and storms back into her dark room, discarding the spilt milk and Lucky Charms now on the stool and floor.

Sav takes a few shaky breaths before clicking the emergency contact on her phone.

"Hey baby." His voice alone offering her solace, and her shoulders drop.

"Hi Ry," he can hear her soft smile from the tone of her voice, "what's going on with you?"

"I'm pretty confident I can say, exactly what you're doing right now." He sighs in defeat as he eyes Ross' limp body, probably passed out from crying.

"I thought this would last for at least a month Ry." Sav admits. She does a terrible job at trying to contain all the built up depression from helping her friend, because Ryland's quick to interject.

"Hey baby, don't cry please." He coos, as his heart starts to break at the soft sniffles coming into the phone, "Please don't cry without me there. They'll get through this-we'll get through this. I promise."

She smiles at his reassurance, "Thank you so much Ry. I don't know how I'd be doing this without you."

"Same goes for you beautiful. I know it's hard, but you're doing amazing, standing so strong. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay." She smiles, a soft sniffle still making it's way to her nose, "Tell Ross hi?"

"I'll try babe." He answers truthfully, before hanging up on his girlfriend.

Hi guys!

This prologue is lowkey crap, but I wanted to start you guys off with something, and hopefully set the tone? Anyways, lemme know what you think!!

Missed you guys so much 🥺❤️