ross

"Ross c'mon." I hear the same voice I've heard for the past 2 months tell me, "Please man, this isn't healthy."

"Ryland, disrespectfully, I don't give a shit." I mumble as I flip on my bed to a position that hopefully will tune out my brother's voice.

"Ross." No response.

"Bro." Ryland, I'm not gonna talk to you.

"Alright c'mon." He groans as his voice comes louder and louder, closer and closer, until I feel my blanket being stripped from me from my feet.

"Ryland." I grumble, clearly annoyed as I sit up. In an attempt to get my blanket back, I sit up, reaching my arms out. But Ryland takes my hand to completely get me out of my bed.

"It's officially two months. I've been diligent and babied you for a whole month, it's time to get your ass in gear."

"Ryland if I wanna stay in my room and hibernate along with the animals I will do it."

"Ross, you have to drive yourself out sometime. Laura's alread-"

"Wow."

"Ross I didn't mean-I was just sp-"

"No good for her if she's doing great now. Low blow."

"No Ross-" I push him out my room as he tries to reason, but before he can continue, I slam the door in his face.

I get what he's saying. Honestly, I do. I realize staying in my room everyday is unhealthy but it's my only way to cope. If Laura's already doing better off without me, good on her. It hurts, but all we are to each other are exes now.

And if my own mental and emotional struggles weren't enough, everyone from CAOS is blowing up my phone. I should be ecstatic; not only will I be employed, but I get to work with the amazing crew again, but I just can't see it that way. After the whole blowup with Jaz, which didn't even end up being worth it, I don't think I can deal with more mental stress.

I heard Ry's dating someone too. At least someone's happy?

I feel bad that I'm not visiting mom, but everyone else is. It's so so stupid, but my mom reminds me of Laura too much. I feel so guilty, cause it's my mom, and she's fucking sick for crying out loud, but the way she foreshadowed Laura and I's breakup, and the way Laura cared for her so much, god, it hurts.

Guess mother always knows best.

~~~

I wake up to the loud ringtone going off beside me.

I grad my phone, ready to throw it across the room, but I see the contact.

Kiernan

Something in me tells me to answer, so I do.

"Ross, what the fuck are you doing with your ass?"

"Kiernan, why are you screaming so loud?"

"Look, I know you're going through tough stuff right now, with your breakup and all, but we need you for CAOS. And if not for us, then for you."

"How do you know about Laura and I?"

"Doesn't matter right now. It didn't get leaked though, if that's what you're asking."

"Whatever," I grumble, still half asleep and angry, "Harvey's a side character anyways, no one will realize I'm gone."

"Ross." Her voice speaks with authority and warning, "Stop slacking around. You know this isn't you. Get your act together at least wash up cause I can already tell you haven't."

I cant stop the small laugh that leaves me. "Alright fine, but no promises about Sabrina yet."

"Fine by me." I can hear her smile, "Then I'm not promising I won't not keep bothering you about it."

I sigh into the phone, earning a laugh.

"Alright fine."

"Okay, bye 'Brina's boy."

"Wait Kiernan?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you."

~~

An insight chapter into Ross! What did you think of the sequel so far? I'm so excited to start progressing the book cause this has to be one of my most intricate works to date!!!! Just a lil hit, I added a bit of foreshadowing in this chapter 😏 I just might be setting myself up for failure here LOL but hope y'all enjoyed!

I do have to ask you guys, I purposefully updated back to back cause I won't be able to update for about a week? Lots of school stuff I have to get done, sorry for the inconvenience guys!

If you guys could comment and vote it would mean so so so much to me too BUT I LOVE YOUU 💜