Chapter One

"Prosciutto. I would like for you to meet your new work partner. His name is Bruno Bucciarati." Polpo said, as stood next to the boy with raven black hair. 

In Prosciutto's eyes, Bruno seemed to be around his age, 12. He wondered if it was a similar tragic story that led them both to Passione. He decided to reach out his hand, just to see if the other would do the same and he did.

"Nice to meet you Prosciutto." Bruno said.

"Same to you too Bruno." Prosciutto responded. 

"You two will be sharing a room, so I hope that there won't be any arguing between the two of you. Is that understood?" Polpo questioned, sternly.

"Yes Mr. Polpo." 

                                      ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Only 2 years into their training, they were considered forces to be reckoned with. Not to mention the early morning training the two did on their own. Wake up at 5:30 AM, give or take a few minutes to actually wake the other child up or crawl out of their own bed. Grabbing a light breakfast at the cafe down the street on their morning run, then making it back to the courtyard. Sitting down in the chairs, eating before they started.

Today however was special. Today was what they were preparing together for the past two years. 

"Fratello? " Bruno asked, as to get the blond's attention.

"Si? " Prosciutto responded, a bit of a sausage and egg sandwich in his mouth.

"What are you going to name your stand?" Bruno questioned.

Prosciutto chuckled, looking at Bruno's eyes. They had a childish gleam, one that reminded him of his little brother at home. One with hopes, dreams, and determination.

"I was thinking maybe something having to do with my favorite band. How does Grateful Dead sound?" Prosciutto asked, hoping for the approval of his younger 'brother.'  

"That sounds cool! I'm actually having trouble coming up with ideas for a stand name." Bruno took another bite of his breakfast sandwich. 

"Maybe it'll come to you during training today. If I have any ideas, I'll let you know." Prosciutto said, getting up to throw away his trash. 

"Got it." Bruno said, getting up to do the same and heading downstairs to the training room. 

                                      ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

End Notes:

To clear some things up:

Prosciutto is older than Bruno by 4 months. I headcanon him to be born in June while Bruno is canonically a September baby.

In this AU, Polpo isn't as round yet and isn't in prison for his crimes yet. He doesn't see them as his children necessarily, but he cares for them like a school teacher in a way.

This work is inspired by someone I've known for a little over a year now. He's a Prosciutto kinnie while I'm a Bruno kinnie. I consider him to be like a big brother (not only cuz he's older than me irl) but it's just the vibe. He's pretty epic if I do say so myself. 

And on another note, the chapters are going to be relatively short but I expect them to be powerful in their own separate ways. Have a great day/night. 

- gorgnotfinded