49

it was the following day and jimin was feeling a lot better, so he decided he would be fine to go to his classes with namjoon.

they were sitting in their seats, working on an assignment that mr. kim gave them before class got out.

and jimin could tell that something was still off with namjoon. anyone else would probably think the boy was fine, but jimin knew him too well. he was worried about something and jimin was determined to figure out what it was.

"joon, are you sure nothing happened yesterday when i wasn't here?"

namjoon's head shot up from his paper, looking at jimin.

"why are you so insistent that something happened?"

jimin just shrugged.

"i don't know... you just... it's just a feeling, i guess."

namjoon shook his head.

"nothing happened. nothing to write home about at least," namjoon said, with a small laugh.

jimin smiled back, grabbing his boyfriend's hand in his.

"okay... fine," he said, completely putting his whole interrogation to the side at the site of namjoon's adorable dimples, "never mind then."

jimin leaned up and kissed him before he even had time to think, assuming namjoon was probably just tired or something and that explained the slightly off behavior.

they parted away and jimin was still smiling.

"i love you so much," he said, squeezing his hand, "thanks for coming over after school yesterday.., and taking care of me and making me food and stuff. it was.., i thought it was really sweet."

namjoon just smiled, looking partially embarrassed as his cheeks tinted red, shaking his head, "of course," he said, "i love you... i wanted to take care of you."

and as namjoon looked at jimin he almost forgot the guilt he was feeling for keeping something from him.

he knew he wanted to tell jimin but he just needed to wait for the right time... just so it wouldn't seem like such a big thing. he just needed to find the perfect spot to just slip it into conversation. he just had to say it casually so maybe jimin wouldn't read too much into it.

"alright, class is dismissed," mr. kim announced, "don't forget to get all those assignments done. i'll see you all tomorrow."

jimin quickly got up from his chair and started packing his things away. namjoon was a bit slower, but followed after and did the same.

"joon, i'm gonna run to the bathroom, okay? just go save our seat at the café and i'll meet you."

"okay, sounds good."

jimin flung his bag over his shoulder and ran quickly out of the class.

as he was running around a sharp corner, he bumped right into a tall man who was rounding it at the same time as him.

jimin hit his forehead slightly on the man's chin, and immediately put a hand over where it hurt, rubbing it and groaning.

he looked up and saw that he knew the man he bumped into.

"hoseok?"

hoseok was rubbing his chin, clearly in a bit of pain as well from where jimin's forehead slammed into him.

"hey jimin," he said, with a small laugh.

jimin sighed.

"i'm sorry, hobi. i was trying to go quick so i could meet namjoon at the café... but i was going too fast and-"