67

it was currently eleven-thirty at night and jimin had been resisting his call to namjoon for a whole week.

as much as he wanted to talk to the other— so badly— he was also extremely nervous.

he had been spending his saturday alone, working on assignments and doing a lot of thinking.

it was dark out now and jimin was just watching movies in his bed, with his blanket wrapped around him like a cocoon.

and he couldn't help but feel sad.., and lonely

his mind wandered and he thought about how much he missed watching movies with someone lying down next to him, holding him close and keeping him warm.

jimin sighed, before he rolled over in bed and just stared at his phone from where it was sitting on his nightstand.

maybe tonight would be a good time to call namjoon.

maybe.., just maybe... joon was out there in seoul, alone in his room, missing him, too.

maybe he had just been waiting for jimin to call.

at least... that's what jimin was hoping.

but now that his finger was actually hovering over the call button, staring down at namjoon's contact photo, he started to second-guess himself.

what if he was sleeping?

what if he was busy?

or what if namjoon just didn't want to talk?

jimin had gone over a month without talking to namjoon at this point, which was the longest break they had ever taken from talking— quite literally— since they met.

and it was causing all sorts of doubts and anxieties to spring into jimin's mind.

namjoon's love for him wasn't something that could waver, but jimin was so anxious about the distance between them that it was getting hard to remind himself of that.

he took another moment of hesitation, before sighing and hitting the green call button without thinking anymore.

he immediately gasped, his posture going stiff and a hand coming up to cover his mouth.

the phone rang once, then twice, then a third time, before it stopped.

the line was silent for a moment and jimin felt his heart beating out of his chest.

"jimin?"

he exhaled.

as soon as he heard namjoon's voice it was like something had been settled inside him. that longing, that ache that had been there for the whole month had calmed and he could think clearly again.

"h-hey," jimin said, not being able to hide the smile in his voice, while also feeling a bit embarrassed that his eyes immediately got teary at just one word from the other.

there was silence for another moment, clearly both of them not really knowing where to start or what to say.

"i-" namjoon stopped for a moment, before continuing, "you called," he said, "i was starting to think... maybe you wouldn't."

jimin felt a pang in his chest.

"i know," jimin said, biting down on his bottom lip, "... you didn't call me, either."