Chapter 4

Aliya's POV

"For you to be magnifique you must be confident, you must unleash your inner beauty" The Italian dude said.

Mom was so gonna kill me. I was lined up alongside the other contestants, all dressed up with a little bit of makeup. Masquerade was in need of new faces, young and beautiful faces. Now when I saw the ad, I wouldn't just give up on my dream without trying. It was just catwalking along that runway in front of the judge who happened to be the owner of Masquerade. How hard would that be? I could do it in my sleep.

Unlike the rest who warmed up by applying more lipstick to their lips, I stood there praying to God that just this once I would finally get the upper hand. The dress that was given to me was abit revealing but I didn't want to make a bad first impression by complaining. The blue fabric was pretty, the cleavage exposed my breasts not to my liking and the slit also revealed my thighs in a way I never thought was possible.

"Chop- chop. He's here! Everyone in line"

This was it! The first contestant went on but minutes later she came out crying her mascara flowing endlessly with the tears. The second and the third were no good either. Each one came worser than the first. It was my turn and I whispered a Hail Mary.

"Would you calm down?"

"How? None of them is any good, Luis!"

My eyes were on the narrow runway ahead, my heels precisely making each step graceful than the last. When I reached at the end, my eyes coming into contact with the icy grey eyes I almost tripped but I didn't. I held on to the hope that maybe he had no clue it was me, I'm wearing makeup, I'll probably be hard to recognize anyway.

Seth's POV

"I would ditch work just for you, Tessa believe me I would but this is important"

"Sure nothing is as important to you other than work" she pouted getting away from our cuddle in bed to sitting by the bedside.

I creeped up behind her, slowly pushing away the hair and kissing her neck.

"Hey? Hey look at me. I love you but I gotta work. Don't be mad come on baby"
She smiled responding to my kisses.

"Fine. Just one more kiss"
Tessa always with the drama but she was still cute.

Half an hour past I joined Luis later. His idea was great I mean more faces less losses, people like Sumaira thought they could blackmail our agency just because she was the only beauty that sold designer clothes and made companies make billions by advertising in their commercials.

Now with new beautiful faces it would be easy to avoid the complains and the hell lot of drama.

Oh God!

The same cheap ladies I mean what were they thinking? The first contestant a gorgeous lady if I must say so myself but then she was just that nothing else. She winked at me before Luis consulted me whether she was fit enough or not. But no. Another model thinking she can sell her way to Masquerade by seducing the boss.

"You don't cut it. Next!" I growled and the little miss held to her dress took off crying like a ten year old.

And the next was even worse, the way she gyrated her hips on the runway. She even licked her lips seductively to get my attention while she battered her lashes a couple of times. If I would have known that this would totally turn out like this I would have joined Tessa in the shower instead of coming here.

"I'm telling you Luis, if one of them looks at me like that again I'm not just gonna make them cry, I'll throw them out myself"

"Would you calm down?"

"How? None of them is any good, Luis!"

Tired, I was tired of this! My eyes landed on the next contestant. That blue dress sure fitted her well, it really brought out all her curves. When my eyes landed on hers, I could see the anxiety and how much scared she was. I would too, I never forget a face especially not this one! Those feisty looking murderous eyes were now cowering in fear in front of me.

"What about her?Come on, she's classy" Luis whispered as she stood there her eyes avoiding mine.

"Classy?" I chuckled rubbing my chin.

"You put a dress on it, and it looks like a fresh new doll" I grinned wickedly.