Chapter 8

Aliya's POV

"Chop chop everyone," Luis shouted each one of us staying in line.

I was so nervous. The show which was held at Bay Hotel was mega and I mean mega! The whole decor was beyond my wildest dreams, the sparkling lights giving the place a beautiful glamour. I couldn't help but gawk at everything like a ten year old seeing Disney world for the freaking first time.

I battered my lashes making sure that I could still blink with the heavy mascara I had on. The rules were simple. Walk down the runway, twirl like an angel and showcase the beautiful dresses we had on. Mine was a beautiful floor length silver gown  with a huge slit exposing my right knee.

Our designer, a blonde guy with a killer smile by the name of Dylan Powers Millers, came out to the back patting our shoulders one by one as some sort of good luck charm.

When his hand landed on my shoulder I felt like fainting where I stood. Did all the men in New Zealand look this hot? And smell this nice? And have dreamy eyes that could melt an ice cone?

"Remember this is just like you practised. Believe in yourself and don't mind whatever comments you hear out there," he said before the show began.

To say the truth, I stopped listening the moment he began. Were his lips pink or was it just to me? Did he apply lipgloss or what? And if he did does it mean he was gay? And yes if he was gay does it mean he didn't find any of us ladies attractive?

I breathed in and out trying to calm my nerves. I needed Ray at the moment, he was always good at keeping me calm.

The show began and the first contestant who was Cally dressed in a stunning off shoulder sky blue dress went out first. By the time my turn reached I had already prayed like six to seven times that I don't mess up. Once out there, I walked in the heels my head held high despite the lights that were blinding at the moment and the people watching closely to point out a mistake.

Even as I twirled, my eyes darted on someone in particular. If I wasn't wrong which I never am, among the crowd was the Maria Nicole Powers Millers! My idol. My role model. My mentor only in the pictures tapped on my wall. Next to her was another beautiful woman exchanging smiles with her, with a knee length white dress.

How I wished I could talk to her but what would I even say to her to begin with. With my turn over, I went out to the back calling Ray as fast as I could.

"So are you telling me you felt a spark?" Ray asked at the end of the line after I had informed him of how Dylan Powers Millers looked like.

"Well hard to say. I mean I've never been touched by a man before well except for you and my boss"

"Wait, wait, wait. Your boss touched you? The same boss that you said was a bad luck charm for you, that boss?!"

"It doesn't count as touching since I was unconscious and still it was involuntary you know but don't tell mom about this, she'll flip if she gets to know I almost drowned"

"Tell me more, Ali! What about the food? Is it good?"

"I haven't tasted it yet? The only food we eat are veggies and food bars," I sighed disappointedly.

I can't believe I had gone without eating meat for two days straight!

With the show over, we all changed to something comfortable for the after-party. I roamed around finding it hard to eat with all the rich people around. Finally reaching at the counter, I ordered one glass of water not knowing any expensive drink to order at the moment.

"She'll have a martini please," a voice came from behind me and I turned coming face to face with a smiling Dylan.

I didn't have it in me to talk. Not that I didn't find his company delightful but he was a big shot! He owned all of this so him talking to me made me tensed up.

"I was just minding my business when I noticed a gorgeous woman seating all by herself so I thought why not keep her company?"

"Ooh I'm sure she's one lucky lady," I said disappointedly.

"No I'm the lucky guy if she agrees to at least tell me her name and possibly go on a date with me. So darling, what can I call you?"

Oooh. Ooooh. Was he referring to me? Me gorgeous? I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a thing when he called me darling.

"Aliyah," I said shyly reaching for a simple handshake.

Taking my hand to his mouth, I felt his warm soft lips touch my hand and I blushed in awe. He really was a gentleman.

"Dylan"

"Yeah I know. You are the owner of all this. The head honcho, the boss. I mean wow it's such a pleasure to meet  you bit that e didn't meet you when you patted my shoulder. This is such an honor!" I finally gasped out.

The bartender realising how awkward that was for everyone brought our drinks and as fast as they came, I gulped down the entire thing which was the wrong move since it burnt my throat making me cough out like a lunatic.

Seth's POV

"Seth is something wrong?" Tessa asked cupping my cheek.

"Of course not"

"Then why do you look distracted. I feel like I've been talking to myself for the last couple of minutes," she said and I focused my attention back to her.

Yes, I was unbelievably distracted by something. More so someone. Ms Johnson. I didn't think she realised that Dylan was hitting on her. The problem with her is that she was like a child that  needed handling. A child that needed to be taken care of 24/7.

Even as I gulped down the scotch down my throat listening to Tessa rumble about how Nicole, Dylan's mom, had offered to design her wedding dress my attention went back to the two people seated at the counter.

I trusted Dylan but he was a man. And men were brutes when it came to taking what they want. As soon as I saw her collapse in his arms after having a couple of too many drinks, I excused myself.

"I'll take it from here, Dylan," I growled.

"Seth, I can handle her. I'll just take her home"

"Did I stutter Dylan? She's my employee so it's my job to take care of her not yours"

And I left carrying her.