The Wrong Cafe

Daya never had much luck dating. Or even linking anyone for that matter.

The people who like her, (though very few) she didn't like back. And those she liked, couldn't like her back (most were two dimensional characters or actors, singers, people, who didn't even know of her existence. All in her opinion, possessed more likeable qualities than the actual people around her. And I'm sure most of us agree.)

Days's dilemma was that she didn't seek romance as it was popularly portrayed.

She didn't want to solve a person with problems or mysterious personality.

She didn't need a man with a strong or a tough exterior who would show his vulnerable side to only her.

She wanted someone normal, and ordinary, filled with adventures which were normal and ordinary.

But then again, what was even normal and ordinary.

Sighing at her inner struggles she walked into a cafe.

One she hadn't been before.

There was a moment of confusion as she realised she'd gone down the wrong street and ended up at a different cafe than what she had intended.

Oh well, it's just coffee, this cafe will do too.

(Ah, but, it wasn't just the coffee in this cafe..)

She walked up to the counter to place her order.

The barista was a boy who appeared a bit older than her.
He had a smile on his face as he finished a conversation with the customer who had just left the line.

Then he turned to face her.

If it were just about his physical appearance, it wasn't anything special, sure he was a little cute, but nothing which would catch your eye if you crossed him on the street.

In that moment, however, the way his eyes crinkled when he smiled and the way he politely laughed at the poor joke made by the customer, his entire vibe...
He looked exceptionally beautiful.

Daya ordered her coffee and sat near the window. (Though it was quite pointless as she didn't look out the window even once.)

Something about that boy was intriguing to her.

She wanted to talk to him, to hear his stories, to see him open up to her, for him to show her his vulnerabilities...

Daya paused.

Suddenly all those cheese, over the top, honestly a little old portrayals of love made sense to her.

And she wasn't sure if she was happy about it.

She sighed, finally giving in to the feeling.

The events that followed were not something she had expected in her entire life.

But what can stop destiny at play.

She had gotten the courage to ask for his number and in the days that followed her visits to the 'wrong' cafe became more and more frequent.

She found out that the barista was just who she had been looking for.

A responsible personality, but a reckless mind, an ordinary and comfortable life but and adventurous point of view.

The wild stories her told, the entrancing way he talked, his unique hobbies, his sparkling eyes, his contagious smile, his fluffy hair, his safe hands, his oh so huggable body and last but not least his beautiful mind, had ensnared her like a butterfly in a spider web.
The more she struggled to pull away the tighter her life was wound around him.

Soon he became an indispensable part of her routine, an irreplaceable component to her happiness.

The Wrong Cafe had had the right person all along.

______

Hello!
I know it's short again, butttt I like this one like this.
Inspired by Hide away by Daya.
Hope you liked it!
Love ya!