Chapter 3

I come around feeling the pounding hurt that settles in my head. By now the bag over my head has been taken off and cuffs have been secured around my wrists. I'm sitting on a metal chair that has ropes around its legs to bind mine down. I squirm in my seat trying to find a loose spot but it's no good. I'm not getting out of this one. The walls are lined with grim and red blotches. There's a lone staircase that leads up to a door. Other than that the room lays bare. I'm starting to freak out because I can't tell the time. I don't know what hour it is. That's the one thing that kept me grounded to sanity. My mind doesn't work like others. At least I don't think it does. I need precision. I need order. And the ticking on the clock provides me with that. Aside from those problems, I also have a tacky tingling on my tongue. I need a damn cigarette.

White lights flood the room as the foot swings open. The man from before casually struts in. His polished shoes avoiding the puddles of dark liquid. God knows what that is.

"Hey sweetie, how are you doin' over here" his words have a slight drag as if he's too lazy to round up his letters. My expression hardens. I don't tear up nor do I frown. I keep my face completely neutral. Then I soften it just a bit.
"Actually, I think these cuffs are cutting into my skin." I put air into my voice, making me sound more vulnerable. He nods his head to the man standing next to him. That was too easy. Within the seconds that my cuffs are loose, I wrap my arms around the guys neck and bring it down to my knee at high speed. Nobody saw it coming.
"You BITCH!"
He exclaims holding onto his nose. Blood gushed out, unaware of the barrier he's trying to create with his hands.

"HAHAH amazing! I like her. I like her." I notice how he repeats the last part of his sentence every time to himself. "You know I used to know a girl just like you." He chuckles to himself. "yeah, just like you, she really was something." That last part was spoken mostly to himself, but loud enough for everyone to hear. The boss walks closer to me but keeps a good distance to assure his safety.
"How about we make a deal, little girl, how about we make a deal"
I keep my eyes trained in him. Tilting my head slightly to signaling him to continue.
"Tell me. Tell me what you want. Anything."
This question no doubt surprised me. Although I was already silent, I went quieter.

What do I want?

I glance back up at him and shake my head.
"I'll give you money."
Anger flares up in me.
"Are you asking me to sell my body" I speak. My voice is raised but it shoots with danger. It was a question but I wasn't asking. His eyes widen with panic.
"Woah no no! I am not that kind of man! You have talent. Raw talent and I want to make something out of it!" My eyes still shooting daggers. "You'll be trained. Get jobs. And money. You'll live the lifestyle that you otherwise might never get to live." His offer was tempting. But my mother. He continued "Look at it as going to a summer camp, yeah, you'll be learning. How to fight of course. Then who knows, maybe you'll make something out of it."
"No" My voice is steady and clear. His eyes narrow and his lips turn down. His expression is hard and no longer caring. He's silent for a couple of minutes. I can hear a drip drip drip from some tap. It counts down the seconds. 
"Kill her" he tells the man beside me and turns his back to walk away. A gun is lifted to my temple as I fight against the ropes. Panic rises. Woah, wait. No. 
"NO! No! Stop, I'll do it! I'll do it!" I don't know why I was fighting so hard for my life. There was nothing to live for anyways. But I did. I practically begged the man for it not to end. He spun around, now with a grin. 
"Good choice. My names Enzo Romano." He smiles softly and offers out a hand. I reluctantly take it, although my hands are still bound together, and shake. Oh great. I just sold my soul to the devil.

But little did I know. He wasn't the devil.