Chapter 4

That was two years ago.

My mother never called. A police search never started up for me. No mentions of my name on the news. It was as if I didn't exist, to begin with. But I couldn't have been less bothered by it. Enzo was kinder than I had expected. I lived in his mansion, with my own room bigger than the size of my mom's apartment. I had everything I ever asked for. I surely lived a lavished lifestyle now.

"Try me Nico" I smirk. He's tall, lean body cautiously circled me. His blonde hair is slightly damp with sweat from the past hour of training. He was a couple of years older than me but had welcomed me into the family when I first came. Ever since then we've gotten pretty close. Nothing ever happened between us and I've never looked at him as anything more than friends. But a girl can only hold back at the sight of him for so long. He lunged at me, causing my Jody to fly back from the impact. A grunt leaves his lips as I angle my elbow into his jaw. I flip over so now I have the upper hand. His hands subconsciously grip my waist as I straddle him. I throw a quick punch before he shoves me off and is now on top of me. His legs trap my body and limit my movements. I struggle against his weight before holding his neck in my hands. My grip tightens as he tries to pull my arms away. Using the moment of weakness, I move out from under him and drag him to the nearest pillar. He might be a lot bigger than me but I'm stronger than many might think. I shove him against the wall as his face distorts into discomfort from the lack of air.
"Amira!"
My hands drop at the sound of my name. Nico drops down desperately heaving in the air and rubbing his neck in hopes of soothing the pain. I turn to the door to see Enzo standing with his hands in the pockets of yet another insanely priced suit. I raise my eyebrow.
"We've got a deal going down in half an hour, Franco's leading and we'll need you there too" I sigh and make my way out the room.
"See you Nico" I shout before I exit completely. Making my way to my room so that I can freshen up before leaving I wind through the hallways and up the staircase. This place is spacious a large, rich man's home. I don't know how my luck suddenly turned but it did. Agreeing to that deal gave me a new life, one that I thrive in. I'm no longer a scared, vulnerable girl. I can take care of myself better than most men. After my childhood of having to learn to do things myself, I was able to pick up many skills easily. Especially combat. I spend hours on end bettering myself. Nico was the first to train me but I have since gotten better than him. The student beats the teacher.

Pushing the handle open I step into my room. It's not too big but has enough space for a king-sized bed, vanity, and desk. Heavy, grey curtains hang closed and cast shadows across my well-kept space. My bed is made and my documents are stacked neatly upon each other. I don't care for messiness. My space needs to be orderly for my mind to be. I step over to my closet and grab some black articles of clothing. Yeah, cliche, I know. Then making my way towards my bathroom which held a lighter color palette of white a subtle purples, I shower and get ready. Although I don't know who we're meeting today, I still have to look presentable. Not for the, but for me. My image greatly reflects me and my confidence. So I dress to kill. I step out of the shower and dry myself off, wrapping my towel around my body I add some makeup to my bare face. Not too much but just enough to make my blue eyes darker. Aware of the time, I quickly slip into my short skirt, it hugs my curves and is tight around my backside but doesn't restrict my movement. A black, long-sleeved cropped shirt comes on next. My waist is slightly exposed, showing my tan skin. I shove my feet into some heel boots to finish the look and slip back into my room. In the drawer next to my bed lay many weapons. My personal favorites, throwing knives, are then tucked under my skirt and lay on my thighs, easily accessible in case I need to use them. Of course, a gun is holstered at my back and I slide some rings onto my fingers that give my punches an extra little something. Once again I check the time to see if I'm late. I never really show up on time. With that, I step out of my room and head to the front of the house, where Franco and some other men are waiting in the car.