Favorite | Kang Seulgi

Requested? | yes
EyesonmePAYATTENTION

Genre | Fluff

Word Count | 4082

It's a bit long, but i hope u like it!

-

"Y/n, has been weird lately..."

Seulgi's sudden confession made Joy turn around to look at her from the kitchen. They were currently in Wendy's penthouse, chilling in the living room while the rest of their friends were at the grocery store, buying ingredients for the dish they were going to make.

Seulgi had a day off today, so this was the perfect time to hang out with her friends since her wife was at work, and both of their kids were at school.

"What makes you say that?" Joy asked, going back to reaching for the cereal and pouring it into a bowl before adding milk.

"I don't know, she just seems very... distant" Seulgi sighed as Joy hummed in response, taking a bite of her food.

"To you or the kids?"

"All of us, it's like she doesn't even want to be around us anymore"

Joy's loud snicker filled the room as she shook her head in amusement, trying to hold in her laughter and almost choking in the process.

Seulgi looked at her weirdly, curious as to why Joy was acting like she just saw the dumbest person in the entire universe sitting on the living room's couch.

"Don't you think it might be the other way around?" She replied when she finally calmed down.

The older woman's brow shot up at her statement. "What do you mean?"

"Sorry, unnie, but you gotta figure that out yourself. I always thought you knew about it, but I guess not"

"Know about what? Did Y/n tell you something I don't know?"

"Y/n didn't tell me anything, the situation is just really obvious so I don't know why you can't see it" She once again shook her head, but in disappointment this time.

"You're her wife, unnie. You should've been the first one to notice but after hearing what you said, it clearly shows that you have to be more observant if you don't want to be a failure as a wife, as Y/n's wife..."

The room fell silent, so silent that they could even hear a pin dropping and the clock on the wall ticking. Seulgi slumped in her seat, holding her head in deep thought as Joy quietly went back to eating after watching her friend have a mental breakdown.

Seulgi began to recall anything that might have upset the woman she's married to, but nothing seemed to pop up inside her head, considering how they haven't had any arguments for almost a year now.

Was she really not paying enough attention to Y/n to the point she can't even figure out the reason behind this problem? Was she really failing as a wife? Such questions filled her mind.

Joy's words kept repeating inside her head like a broken mixtape the whole day, she couldn't properly bond with her friends or join in on their conversations because of it.