Intangible Love | IU

Requested? | yes✅️
aightimout5885

Genre | Angst

Word count | 7970

You said you didn't want it to be too angsty so I made sure to hold back on the sad scenes but idk if i did it right
(T^T)

Hope u like it!

-

Multiple pairs of feet scurried around the nearly empty house. Boxes of all sizes were scattered around the floor, neatly stacked up and ready to be taken away.

While opening a drawer I haven't touched in years, I released several coughs when dust flew into the air. I quickly covered my nose and slapped my hand around to clear the air.

"Goddamn..." I mumbled, finding it hard to believe a spot in my normally spotless room had accumulated this much dust without me noticing.

"Y/n, you done!?" My mother yelled from downstairs.

"Not yet!"  I replied with the same loudness before averting my attention back to the drawer. Due to my father's sudden promotion, we had to move to the city he was recently stationed in.

It was far from this hometown of mine, and my father didn't have the heart to leave me and my mother behind, so he wanted to bring us with him.

I was against it at first. I was very much attached to this house and the neighbourhood it was in. I was raised here for the entirety of my life, and I've made lots of precious memories here– memories I can't seem to foget, memories that were full of her.

That's why leaving it all so suddenly wasn't easy for me to do, but after a few desperate pleas from my mother, I was left with no choice but to go.

My eyes fell to the picture frame at the very bottom of the drawer. Upon seeing it, my eyes softened as I picked it up gently, afraid that I might drop my most treasured item by accident.

Blowing on the glass, the dust flew off and I now had a clear view of the photograph underneath. It was a picture of me and another little girl taken 10 years ago.

"Lee Jieun..." The name rolled off my tongue and entered my ears like a sweet melody.

She was my best friend and a person I admired to no end. She was small and fragile, like a delicate flower in an open field.