Chapter 1

Moving?

It's something I embrace like an old friend. It has become part of my life and I'm accustomed to it.

My life?

It has been like this for years. Moving places. Making new friends. Leaving them. And repeat.

I rolled down the window making some cold winds wrap around me making my bangs fly. I stared outside to grab a glimpse of what I'm passing by. This is nothing new to me but still I get a little exciting feeling. I sighed.

"Stacey, roll up the window dear. You'll catch a cold" mom said. And I rolled it up as I didn't want to give her another worry because she has enough always.

This time... It's San Francisco.

I always wanted to have a normal life with my family but it turned out this way. Thanks to my grades, I could get into every school I transferred without any trouble. They always extended their arms to take me in. And I'm grateful.

After three hours drive, mom pulled into a drive way which lead into a two storey house which was quite big for two of us. And she turned off the engine.

I unlocked the car door and stepped on the freshly cut grass. I smelled the grass. It must be mowed few hours ago.

"This feels nice but expensive" I said to my mom who was examining the house like a detective and of course she is something like that. And she smiled at me with dimples on her cheeks. The most genuine smile which I loved most.

I climbed the stairs which lead to the front door and mom unlocked the door with the key which was given by her agency. And the door was opened. The furniture was already arranged in the order and it was perfect.

I headed upstairs to see how my bedroom looks. The door still smelled of its white paint and I stepped inside. A white pine bed was lying in the corner of the room and a nightstand beside it. There was a table beside the window and two vertical wall book racks in both sides of the table and a horizontal wall book rack which connected the other book racks from about three foot upper from the table and a little closet and a dressing table.

"Stacey sweetie, come down and settle your things" mom said from the front yard and I bent from my little balcony and cried "Coming mom!"

Well there was nothing much to move to the house as the furniture was already set. I picked up one of the boxes of books from the back seat and put it in the front porch. And went to help mom to unload her things.

"Want some help may be?" A masculine voice asked and I turned around to see the owner of it. And there stood a tall guy who deserved such a voice. His broad shoulders and torso almost hid the girl behind him. She had golden hair just like him and not to mention their deep ocean blue eyes. They must be siblings.

"Oh! Sorry. Hello Mrs.Harmon. I'm Stefan Evans and this is my little sister Amy. We live in the next door." He began to speak probably because of my facial expression. And his sister smiled at me showing her dimples. And smiled back.

"So you are also a Senior of high school... Harmon?" Stefan asked while picking up a math book from the back seat.

"Yeah" I replied. "Call me Stacey" I uttered with a smile.

"Stefan too. And I'm a freshman" Amy giggled. She seemed much smaller for 9th grade. Anyway she was a little cuter for high school.

"It must be sad to leave your friends, right? It's a shame that you have to adapt here. After all it's the senior year." He asked with a sort of sympathetic gesture.

"Yeah, sort of" I forced a smile.

After two hours I managed to keep everything in order with the help of Amy. She was a lot nicer than she seemed. And she had that charm to make you at ease. It felt like I used to knew her for years.

After shooting a last glance at my new room we returned downstairs where Stefan was on a mini ladder changing the bulbs of the living room. And I was wondering why he needed a ladder in the first place. He was already tall enough.

And it was already five when I finally got the chance to collapse into the couch. Amy and Stefan had already left. He told that he had basket ball practices.

I spared another few minutes to take a look at the grassy backyard. "Too big for the two of us " I thought.

I could get a thirty minutes shower until my mom banged on my bathroom door saying that we were running late to meet our next doors which meant we are going to say Hi to Amy's family. I turned off the shower after another five minutes letting water droplets run through the curves of mine.

After blowing my hair, I let it rest on my back. And put on a pair of black jeans and a dark blue t-shirt. When I arrived downstairs mom was waiting in the door way.

Amy's home was with the same structure as ours. Mrs. Evans welcomed us warmly and she was a cool person just like her kids. Mr. Evans also had a nice personality but his sharp eyes and wrinkled forehead told that he was a deep thinker and an understanding person.

"You have got a pretty daughter and a handsome son. They helped us to organise everything" mom told flashing a smile at Amy and Stefan while sitting on the sofa.

"You also seems to have a nice beautiful daughter" Mrs. Evans told glancing at me. And I smiled at her. They started talking about different things and I joined Amy's company.

"It's a pity that you had to move in your senior year. I'm sure you and Stefan can be good friends and he might help you to make some friends" her mom said I smiled at both her and him. And he smirked.

I finally got to lie down on my new bed. After such a long day, it felt like heaven.

"Oh! I almost forgot."

I stood up and picked up my backpack. I took two framed photographs and placed them on my nightstand. It's something I couldn't place in front of Amy. It's my little secret which I can never reveal to anyone.

***************************************************************
Hello everyone! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of 'Same? Different?'

All the characters and places mentioned here are fictional. If this story relates to anyone it's merely a coincidence.

See you in next chap.