Chapter 23

AYANNA'S POV:

"Ayanna, sweety, are you going to get out of bed today?" Mom asks.

   "No," i mutter and look at the clock. It's 12:00 A.M. the morning after our break up.

"Honey, there will be other guys. This Bryson guy isn't worth yourr tears," she explains.

  "He was the one i wanted though," I whisper and Mom wraps her arms around me when i sit up in bed.

   "I know it hurts right now, but i promise it will get better," she replies and wipes tears from my eyes.

"I'm going to Max's place," I mutter and hop out of bed before i start crying again.

   I never knew a broken heart could hurt so bad, but it's worse than i ever imagined. Much worse.

   I hear Mom sigh, but she walks out of my room anyway and i stare at myself in my body length mirror. My blond hair is puffy and gross, my blue eyes are sad and weird colored, my face is rounder than other girls, i'm not skinny. I couldn't figure out why Bryson even looked at me before when he had everybody else in our school. Now everything makes sense.

 I slip on some sweatpants and an Aero shirt before heading downstairs and walking out to my car. I sit in the car for a couple minutes and sigh. If loving someone hurts this much, why do i even want to try anymore? If you ask me, love's not worth it.

  I pull into Max's drive way and walk into the house without even knocking. Yeah, Max and I are that close.

    I walk into his room and quickly turn around.

"Jeez, ever heard of knocking?"Max shouts and i hear Maggie giggle. I blush and try to get the image of Max and Maggie really really really kissing. It was very disturbing. I did not need to see that from my best friends.

   "You didn't have to look so mortified, Aya, we weren't even close to naked," Maggie explains and i roll my eyes.

I turn back around and find Max staring at me with narrowed eyes.

  "What's the matter?" He asks and i plop down on his bed and feel tears prick my eyes.

"Bryson and I broke up," I say quietly and Maggie's eyes go wide. Max clenches his fist and stares at me in shock.

  "What did that dumb brick do?" Max snaps.

"He,um, him and Jake were, uh, basically just using me. Bryson only ever talked to me and was nice to me because him and Jake wanted me to spill all my secrets so they, um, so they... So they could completely humliate me in front of the whole school," I explain sadly.

   "That... That... That dick," Maggie states andd looks mad enough to wrestle a full grown grizzly bear.

"I can't believe they would do that. I mean, i knew he wasn't good news, but to stoop that low... Wow," Max says and stands up.

   "Where are you going?"I ask curiously and Max looks at me like i'm stupid.

"Uh, to go kill Bryson. Where did you think i was going?" Max states and I stare at him.

    "No, Max, don't. Bryson could talk to Coach and get you benched for the rest of the season," I warn him and he rolls his eyes.

"You think i care about that? That dick hurt you and now he is going to get the beating of his life," Max says and proceeds to walk out of his room.

  I share a look with Maggie before we both go sprinting after him.

"Max! No, just let it be," I shout, but he continues to walk to his car.